No Profile Pic, Only a first Name, No Bio and no reason for their stay.

Jeremy129
Level 6
New South Wales, Australia

No Profile Pic, Only a first Name, No Bio and no reason for their stay.

I rang Airbnb as a superhost of two properties and asked that they contact a new Airbnb member wanting to book about an incomplete profile, but the Airbnb support rep refused!   

Their profile photo is of a nebula in deep space.  They have not given a surname. 

We specifically ask for a reason for coming and the new member has only said,  "Your place looks nice"... no mention on why they are coming. Are they coming to party? Are they coming to use the space for something noisy ( we've had bands stay before). 

Anyway - I feel Airbnb should be more on top of these issues themselves as they are running the platform and should enforce the rules of a clear profile pic. There's software easily available that can recognise a face, so there is no excuse for guests to put up the ridicualous profile pics we often get.  I don't want to be the person policing the Airbnb website rules for guests. 

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jeremy129, 100% agreed. There is no requirement for a profile picture, a bio or a reason for visiting. This is up to hosts to request. If I get a request like this, I always ask for a profile picture and the purpose of their visit. If they don't provide it, I decline them (and tell them why).

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

@eJeremy  I totally agree with what Kath say's and that is eactly what I do as well.

Cheers