Answered!
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

No more payments to co-hosts?

Well this totally sucks... 

Capture.JPG

1 Best Answer

@Roxy1  the payouts will go to whatever payout method you have.

You can also set rules (e.g. 50% -> X account 50% -> Y account)

Airbnb used to have a % goes to CoHost &/or Cleaning Fees

The routing rules will only do a % of the total...ie a % of the cleaning fee.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/1315/how-do-i-manage-more-than-one-payout-method

Hope that helps 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

368 Replies 368
Ant2
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Please bring this feature back. It's 2022 and we find it hard to pay our cleaners in fix fee since we are based in different countries. We sincerely hope Airbnb will bring this back in 2022 😭

We just got that too... WTF??? Why???????? I just love it when no reason is given for a change like this. At least say it's due to taxes or something... 

If anyone has creative ideas besides PayPal or Venmo to pay co-hosts that would be cool 🙂

@Lisa723 -- thanks. I'll check it out.

Know of any way to use a credit card without a fee :)))

If they're going to change it up on us, might as well try to get points on a CC from all this.

@Adam-and-Ike-0 you mean, pay a co-host with a credit card? No.

@Lisa723 -- yeah, that's what I mean. There are options through different payment apps to do that, but there's a service fee, which is sometime prohibitive when doing the math on the fee cost vs. rewards amounts.

Regardless, it would be great to get some sort of explaination for why this change is happening. It's not like this is being divvyed up by an actual person and taking up their time. It's clearly ABB's software that has been separating the payments out between host & co-host, so what's the big deal?! Sigh.

Yes they are dismantling one of their few remaining advantages over VRBO, IMO. I had been steering guests towards Airbnb but this is one less reason to do that.

Exactly, I have 4 new clients and I'm going to have them look at other platforms since I hate billing clients. Who wants to go through that headache? 

I am having the same issue, did anyone get an answer from airbnb? as if not I just feel like this is just a pointless discussion as we are all unhappy but nothing is being done about it from airbnb's side.

Hi Lisa and others, I sent feedback and I also sent an email to the metrodesk at sfchronicle.com. Airbnb is based in San Francisco. If we can all contact the SF Chronicle to express our extreme unhappiness and asking them to find out what the heck is going on and why, it may get the attention of Airbnb in a way that other ways cannot. This is major news to San Francisco, and the city needs to know why Airbnb is jerking around their hosts and cohosts. Especially if the end result will be to cause Airbnb to lose listings and business.

Can you please provide information (links  with contact info) thank you. 

I will definitely provide a feedback to this damaging new update. 

Capture.JPG

This is a lose, lose situation...The Host loses and so does the co-host. In turn all parties lose. i personally will not co-host without automatic payment. And the Host of the property i co-host has already stated he is not going to deal with it if he has to pay me. I dont blame him... 

-i also recieved another message about this new policy on a new property owner that stated he heard of the new policy and does not think he will be joining afterall. Very disappointing...

I just sent feedback to them:

I've just started co-hosting, and got a regular payment into my Paypal account without effort for the property owner or me. It was automatic, based on a percentage. Simple. Easy. Perfect.

Why stop this brilliant idea?????

Why have you stopped split payments? This was an excellent feature which was popular, useful and worked well.

There is no logical reason to cancel this really useful feature which everybody likes.
You really owe us a very good explanation, or at least an apology.

Really hoping that this is just a glitch in the system, spam, or someone being stupid.... and split payments to co-hosts will be reinstated tomorrow -please!!!