Orlando/Kissimmee hosts meeting

Renata28
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

Orlando/Kissimmee hosts meeting

Hi everyone!
I'm newby as a host ans also here in Kissimme. Raise hands (and anwer me) the ones who wanna make a meeting and make more friends!!!!
I also own an Italian Restaurant in Kissimme area and we could meet here. I can provide a PIZZA PARTY FREE OF CHARGE on the pizzas (Thin Crust and NY style) for our group!
Please let me know who wanna come.
Sunday 07/24 at 7pm. Just across in front Old Town. 
I calso can provide Rockabilly dance lessons for those who wana have lots of fun!!!!!
My e-mail is re@retrostationrestaurant.com
Thank you much!!!!!! 

14 Replies 14
Mickelle0
Level 1
Winter Park, FL

Hello , 

My name is Mickelle in Winter Park I am new it's my first month I would love to meet up as well. It would be fun to discuss experiences and tips 🙂

Mickelle 

Susan409
Level 1
Windermere, FL

I am new, I have my first guest arriving Feb. 3rd!!! I don't seem to get answers to my questions on the AirBnB site, they referred me to this community. Are you meeting in person?

I'm near Winter Garden/Windermere area. 

Some of my questions: 

1. Breakfast or not? It wasn't mentioned on my listing.

2. Did you lock any areas of your home, such as the Master suite?

3. Do you allow your guests to use your laundry facilities or anything other than their bed and bath? 

I'm excited, my first guest is staying for a month, so that leads to other questions:

How often do you clean and laundry the bedding?

What do the guests do on the weekends when they are in town for a conference/work training during the week. I wasn't expecting them to be hanging out during the day at our house. Awkward?? 

As you can see I have some questions and reservations about this endeavor. My husband is skeptical, because of safety issues of me being home alone with our guests.

I would love to come meet some other hosts, so let me know! Thanks, Susan

Susan,

We are Julio and Alba, from Kissimmee, I think by now all your questions were answered. I had in the past just about the same questions. I am sorry I did not look into those conversations  as my daughter is a host in Arizona She instructed me...

Here some suggestions after about two years doing airbnb:

1) I do not serve breakfast, I place a small refrigerator in the bedrooms and a microwave in the hallway, if the guests ask to use the kitchen for small lunches, it is ok.

2) Yes when I leave I lock my Master suite, absolutely.

3) My guests do not use my laundry. I advise them to use a laundry store near by.

4) My wife never felt treatnend by any guests. I suggest, placing a couple of security cameras in common areas, so you and your husband can follow what is going on in the house while you are out shopping or anything else.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am sorry if I did not answer earlier.

Julio and Alba (Kissimmee  ( by Sam's Club )

Michelle617
Level 10
Orlando, FL

I'd love to meet as well. Can we creeat a bigger group? 

Michelle

Valerie242
Level 2
Homestead, FL

Hi my name is Valerie, and I have had my first experience of hosting on Airbnd.  I would like to  co host for busy people in Orlando, so if anyone you know of needs help, please let me know, thanks.

Robert142
Level 4
Kissimmee, FL

Hello fellow hosts!  I have been in the Kissimmee area now for 18 months.  Moved here from Ohio, but I’ll spare everyone the story...if you are intrigued, visit my profile!  I love helping new hosts!  I openly invite you to our homes to see how we make our magic work!  I believe that copying our ideas or even implying them with your own will help make our community stronger against the traditional motel/hotel stays...

In 18 months we have hosted over 2000 completed reservations, from 55+ countries around the world! (95% 5-Star review rate) 

hope to hear from you! 

Hello Robert, i hope it is not too late to contact you about your post. Yes I love to meet with you and exchange hosting experiences in our area. Thanks for your offer.

Julio and Alba Inacio

Hi Robert, My husband and I are looking to purchase a property in Kissimmee, either on Poinciana or Royal Bay condo's. We have two that we are looking at right now.

The currently property management companies seems expensive and after doing research we decided they were also undervaluing the property! We are looking at maybe working with a co-host to run the property and we can pay them as such. Are you open to hosting another property and may we talk offline? Thank you,

-Agnes & Mike

Julian358
Level 1
Clermont, FL

Hello all! I am new to this group. I am looking to begin my airbnb journey very soon. I'm looking to see if anyone here is willing to meet up from time to time for a talk and drink possibly? I'm looking to begin by subletting a place I'm renting. Want to know if anyone has experience with that and willing to share ideas! 🙂

Jason988
Level 3
Fort Myers, FL

My fiance and I are local here in Maitland FL, Our Airbnb is located in Fort Myers. We would like to meet up with locals as well if theres still group meetings. If not we are willing to host gatherings because we love the culture so much. We are also open to Co-Hosting now. 

Jason988
Level 3
Fort Myers, FL

I have been trying to accomplish this as well. Im interested in joining!!! Local to Orlando!

Jeff629
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi all! I, too, would be interested in such a meetup. If anything has come of this count me in, or feel free to hit me up if anyone wants to get this started.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jeff629 @Jason988 et al!

I wonder if you new about a new function we have on the Community Center called Get Local?

It shows upcoming events in any given area that you can join! And if there's none in your area, you can start you own and we can add it to the feature. 

Find out more here: Get Local

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

hello. Everybody   im Javier. Im new also in Air BnB.  who nows how to sink the calender betwin the other websites.  to not do double booking.