Orlando slow season for studio apt?

East-Coast0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Orlando slow season for studio apt?

Hi I have a studio apt in downtown orlando mainly for couples and business people(no more than 2 people ever book). Im trying to figure out seasonal pricing.

When does the slow season start and end?  and what percentage should i cut my rates in off season?  

I just got this place in January... and Jan feb and march were booked almost 100% for literaly almost double the price of all simialar apts in downtown (mostly because i made mine to be much better than the others).  

April slowed down to 50% and May looks even worse.  

Since I dont know florida too well.   Being that its a studio fit for 2 what are the slow months of the year here, and what percentage should i cut my rates? 

2 Replies 2
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

The best advice I have as far as what the price should be in a particular area at a particular time is to do some market research.  Since price depends not only on the city you are in, but how close to transportation, the condition of the unit, and how close to attractions, you should search for a similar place on Airbnb right in your neighborhood.  Look at prices at several points in the year, and that will help you.

I used to have a condo elsewhere in Florida that I rented out (weekly, but not on Airbnb).  I expected it to be absolutely dead in the summertime, but I was very pleasantly surprised.  Many Europeans vacationed in Florida in the summer, to my surprise, and also Floridians!  Think of New Englanders vacationing on Cape Cod, or New Jersians (?) vacationing on the Jersey Shore.  

Also, you can play with your rates to see where the sweet spot is at any given point in the year.

So you never know.  Good luck!

November to March is Peak

April & May can be Good

June to Aug can be Mediocre to Slow 

Sep and Oct is usually when hurricanes hit Florida. Expect this time to be quite Dull.