Our Account got hacked

Claire--Paulina-and-Carl0
Level 1
Beruwala, Sri Lanka

Our Account got hacked

We got hacked by a Link which was send through one of airbnbs official emailadresses:

We contacted Airbnb via phone directly and did not get any support!

For 7 hours they did not block any of the 9 fake listings. We got spammed with more than 300 messages, still all not deleted yet.

Only after we contacted another Airbnb call center , they at least helped us blocking the fake Listings

Our name has now a bad reputation all across the world, as many bookings under our name where cancelled by Airbnb,

without any explanation or anything to the customers !

Airbnb has also cancelled  real bookings for our other existing listings.

This is not how Airbnb should treat their HOSTS and Customers.

If they are not do anything to delete the fake listings, inform the customers, and refund the damage and solve our reputation,

we will take legal action, complain on social media and let know all the 300 Inquiries about Airbnbs bad behavior!

Does anyone know Legal Platforms to support us ? Does anyone had this happen to them before also?

2 Replies 2
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

@Claire0,Paulina, & Carlotta1

Gosh that’s awful. What a nightmare!

Hacking this site seems to come in waves.  Last time was in May. Thanks for the heads up to the rest of us.

As for recourse, Airbnb has tried to set everything up in their favor but the law is the law.  Google ‘Airbnb Hell’ and Good luck!

Did you ever resolve the issue?  I just got hacked, and they lost my listing along with some upcoming reservations.  They are trying to help, but I have little hope.