Out of country for awhile. Any tips on finding a co-host?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Out of country for awhile. Any tips on finding a co-host?

I will be out of town in a couple of months. Will be away for quite a while, and am thinking maybe I would need a co-host instead of temporarily shutting down my Airbnb. I was searching online but it seems that there were not many options in my area. How can I trust a complete stranger to handle my Airbnb? What if someone agrees but turns out to be not so committed to the task? 

I wonder if you have any experience to share, be it positive or negative. Any do's and dont's? Thanks so much. 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

To see if you have the new Air BNB co-host marketplace in your area, @Huaai0, you would find "get hosting help" on the task bar next to your profile picture.  Do you have that?  These hosts are local and invited to register by Air BNB based on their hosting stats.

If you do not have this there might be another resource.  Are you familiar with the Vancouver Home Sharing Club?  The Home Sharing Club is a local group of Air BNB hosts that might be a resource for you.  Go to Discuss on this site and drop down to Home Sharing Club.  Good luck!

@Huaai0

Is there a friend or family member you could have as a temporary co-host? I think having someone who knows you and your home on a personal level is better.

I am able to host because my co-host Henry is available to help....without Henry I don't think I'd trust anyone to manage hosting responsibilities in my house the way I want in my absence. 

Maybe you could hire a cleaning service and have a friend or family member check up regularly?? I hope you're able to come up with a good solution to keep your listing open~ Good luck!!