Hi , is there someone around to explain how I can change my password ? I cant recal the old one, and airbnb havent replied to me at all by mail, tried everything but cant get into my account ..... HELP !
my e mail address has been hacked and google has blocked it and therefoe i need o change my e mail address in my airbnb profil. when i do this i have to confirm my password which i no longer remember. when i click on forgot password it sends a link to reset my password to that blocked email address.
how can i change this password?
Hi all of you. If you have lost, can't remember your password it is possibly wise to change it!
If you simply want to find out what your existing password is, click on this link www.airbnb.com/forgot_password.
You can change your password by following these steps.....
1) Log-into your listing using a desktop. Its much easier than using your phone!!
2) In the options bar at the top of your home screen select 'Account'! On the left side of the screen you will see Account options.
3) Scroll down and select 'Security'
4) The first option that will appear will be a password settings box!
Enter the new password, old one also. If you can't remember your old password click the appropriate tab in the link I have given above and airbnb will email it to your nominated email address.
While you have accessed your account settings it would be wise also to check your email and notification settings! Airbnb are all the time making adjustments to the platform and some of these adjustments can have a 'trickle down' effect and interfere with other settings. Good luck to you all, I hope this helps....cheers.....Rob (Male!)
@Hanna16.....If you are not receiving emails from Airbnb then you will not be able check your email settings because you can't log-on without your password!
I am afraid you will have to contact Airbnb and provide them with your verified details. And, as there can be such long waits for phone assistance in the US I would suggest you put a question detailing your problem on Airbnb's Facebook page....they will return your post and you can establish contact that way. Or for the fastest response you will need to have a Twitter account and post a message through Twitter.
But should you wish to try phone contact here are the numbers for North America.....
United States (USA) +1-415-800-5959 (local San Francisco number)
or +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)
Sorry I can't be of more help Hanna....and also sorry in the delay in getting back to you, I have had a lot on my plate today!
Here are the steps I followed in order to regain control of my account (after it was hacked) not knowing the password. Quick run down of my situation: my account was hacked and the hacker immediately changed the email associated with the account along with the password.
1. You should receive an email with confirmation of a changed address (I thought the email was spam as it was in Chinese; used Google translate to translate the message). Click on the link provided. Should be something along the lines of "Please tell us if this was not you."
2. So this link should take you into your account. Attempting to change the password under "Security" will be futile as you don't know the password (either you forgot or it was changed during a hack). So the next step is to go to account settings. BUT, you won't be able to change your email address without knowing the password.
3. Scroll to the bottom and add your work email (cannot be another gmail or yahoo account). If you don't have a "work email" as a friend or relative who does. After adding that email address, check your work inbox for an Airbnb confirmation email.
4. Once you've confirmed your work email via the emailed link, try to separately login with the work email. Click "forgot password."
5. Follow the link you receive in your work email inbox to reset the password.
6. Once you have reset the password, go to your account profile and change the associated regular email address.
Hope others find this helpful!
I can’t change my password either. I clicked on my email account which is supposed to let them send information about resetting with a new password. But that didn’t work either. Completely weird and frustrating. Never encountered a problem like this before. Only on AIrbnb.
.I have forgotten my password in my Google account with airbnb !!
I see other people have no reply from yr company for the same issue.
This makes things very difficult for us and is a big negative not to have this support.
I would deeply appreciate a reply as I need to book accomodation urgently.
Thanking you in advance.
Jane Storey Perth, Western Australia.
If you can follow this screenshot you will be able to retrieve your password if you are sure it's your Google password you are after.
Open Chrome and proceed as follows......
Click on the image to enlarge. I hope this helps.
Hi guys, we just wrote a full article on how to change your Airbnb password on desktop, mobile and how to reset your Airbnb password. Our article will have a link at the end of this guide.
There are three ways to change, reset or contact Airbnb to help you:
1) - Contact Airbnb through there local phone numbers at https://airbnbuniverse.com/airbnb-phone-number/
2) - Go to https://www.airbnb.ca/forgot_password and try to reset your password. In order to do this, you will need your account email address.
3) - If you remember your Airbnb password and just want to change the password. Follow these steps:
How To Change Your Airbnb Password on iPhone & Android
Step 1 - First, make sure you are logged into your Airbnb account. Click on the bottom right profile icon and then on the resources page.
Step 2 - Once on the resource page on the right side click on the menu button
Step 3 - Scroll down until you find the "settings" button and click on it
Step 4 - Next, scroll down slightly and click on the "Account" tab.
Step 5 - Click on the "Login & security" section
Step 6 - On the right side beside the password, you will see an "Update" button. Click on it to bring up a drop-down section
Step 7 - With the drop-down, you will need your current password, new password, and to confirm your new password. Remember to save/update your changes after you are done.
You should be done with your password changes. If you want a visual tutorial we have a step-by-step guide at https://airbnbuniverse.com/airbnb-change-password
Wow, thanks for writing this guide @Devin-and-Sarah0 ! Would you mind me moving it to the "Guides" section so it gets lots of visibility from Airbnb'ers needing help?