Payments on hold whilst business verification process

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Payments on hold whilst business verification process

I have been hosting for 2 years and always received payment on time from AirBnb.  In June i received an email saying that due to one of various reasons that i would need to be Business Verified and sent a link to a page to update my details.  The link only took me to the Dashboard page with no form to complete.  I placed a call and was told to complete details into the Professional Tools page.  Call handler said it would take upto 72 hours to process.  Now they are saying that it failed to verify and no one can explain why, or what the next steps are to resolve.  Called in again and was told there was now no flag saying i need to be Business Verified.  Payment is still sitting as pending and AirBnb wont tell me why they cant release the payment.  Its building up and now sitting at over £2500 since last payment on 19th June 2019.  We have future bookings (August is our busiest time with the Edinburgh Arts festival and people looking for accom) which i am now considering cancelling until we get paid, but i dont really want to do that.  Any thoughts anyone how i can get passed this problem?

15 Replies 15
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jill548  

You have no listings on your profile so I can't check this. Did you complete the section to comply with EU regulations for business hosts, I'm a business host and all my business details are on my listings.

It could be that you have 2 separate issues that are confusing C/S

You had the e-mail about business verification, but check your junk folder for another one.

An e-mail has been sent out at various dates to update payout info, I received the one below about 30 days before payments would be cut off.

Untitled3.png

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  I unlisted my rooms worried that i was not getting paid.  I have now relisted.  Would appreciate your comments about our EU details as i hope its correct.  Yes i did get the email same as below.  I followed the link but there was nothing to verify.  My account details were still in there and correct.  Was i supposed to do anything specific at this stage?  It sounds like it could be something as simple as this. Anyway i have just gone in and tried 'Add a payout method' details for the bank and added same information that was already in there.  not sure what else to do at this stage.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jill548  EU details show up correctly

As to the update bank details, mine were also correct but it did ask me if it was a cheque account or a savings account. I would ring them again and tell them about the update payout details e-mail and no action was needed when you clicked through.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks again Jeff.  Good to know you can see the EU details.  Yes i ticked the cheque account as i have a UK Current Account with one of the big UK banks which receives the payments.  Interestingly when you input the details using a laptop it is fairly straightforward, however using the iphone app and trying to add bank details also asks for IBAN and Swift numbers, which always fail no matter what i input, says 'check IBAN number' again...  Fact is that i get confirmation that the bank details DO get verified using the laptop, so i feel there is no problem here.  The plot thickens.  Waiting on AirBnB CS escalating to get me help, but its been weeks with no progress, nor a plan so far to release the payments earned since 19th June.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

another update.  I have checked the payment page on my profile and the same new account details have been added and is sitting at 'Pending' status.  The old one is still set to 'Default'.  I am guessing that when the new account gets verified by AirBnb that i will be able to set it to 'Default' and then use the 'Remove' function to remove the old one.  Crazy as its the same account with the same account numbers etc.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

The account eventually had a cent added by Airbnb Payments Uk Ltd and then verified by Airbnb.  The account is now or default and the old one deleted.  We are still not receiving any payments earned since the 19th June.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Looking back through emails we did get this one.

Hi Jill,
It's great you're earning on Airbnb—and now it's time to update some of your account details.
This info is required to keep your payouts coming, so be sure to update your account details by Jun 19, 2019. It should only take a few minutes
Add account details

So this ties up with the fact we havn't had any payments since the 19th June.

My questions to the community:

Did anyone else get this email?

What information did you enter into your account details, as its not clear in the message above?

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Jeff, if you are seeing this thread, i wondered if you had to add any Tax information on the payment page as part of the request to update payment details? or was it just bank account details you added? I have not added anything in there yet i thought this might be why things are not progressing?

Hi @Jill548 ,

Have you got your issue resolved?

I'm in the same situation, haven't seen any of my payouts since 27th August. I feel like I tried anything and CS is really not helping at all...

Christine2470
Level 1
Shenton Park, Australia

I also have not had any payments? I have completed the business verification (even though not a business) several times?? Any ideas?

This is happening to me at the moment! Its been 2 months since one of my owners has been paid.

I flagged an enquiry with ABB time and time again with no response.

I have called nearly every day with no result.

Customer service reps have no clue.

Supervisors have no clue.

They now tell me it will take another month to resolve.

I don't believe a word they say.

Gary159
Level 2
Norwich, United Kingdom

Same for me. The business verification. I have no business or business no. I have the UTR which was called something else? But you cannot get passed the boxes without putting details in. Doesn't seem to me to be UK friendly! I am talking to someone but reading this post sounds like people have already flagged this issue. I have been on Airbnb for 5 yrs what has promoted this now? 

Rachel1963
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Good evening I am now in the same situation as you guys and wondered how you resolved it and got your money? Please help 🙏 

We are also having the same problem, customer service are no help. Has anyone had their issue resolved?