Payout Delay

Payout Delay

I'm new to Airbnb and am running up against the wall with Airbnb customer service. A guest booked my place for 3 months and then a week later changed it to 17 nights. So it started off as a long-term booking but got converted to a short-term booking (with 30-day penalty tacked on). When the payout didn't hit my account even a week after the guest had checked out, I reached out to Airbnb. The reason they offered to me was utterly shocking. Basically, Airbnb told me that they're "TRYING to collect" from the guest so they cannot pay me until the guest pays.  It confounds me that Airbnb would actually confirm a booking without first receiving/guaranteeing the funds from the guest. Isn't that what we pay them the booking fees for? And what happens to my payout now if the guest doesn't pay or if Airbnb is unable to collect? Does it mean I've just hosted a guest for 17 days for nothing? What's worse is that Airbnb has no escalation matrix; you're basically stuck with their first-level support. It's been a week since the guest checked out. I've spent hours on the phone with Airbnb but there's been no resolution.  What would you suggest I do at this point? I'm worried that I could be left holding the bag. 

1 Reply 1
Js5
Level 2
Willemstad, Curaçao

This is not fair, Airbnb supposed to secure the payment prior the arrival of the guest and I am of the opinion that they should send payment without further delay.

I do have also payment issues with Airbnb, they do send less payment to my bank account without information the reason for this.

Airbnb customer service does not respond to me inquiries regarding this matter and I am considering to stop hosting via Airbnb.