'Peeping tom' guest..how to warn other local hosts?

Cheri42
Level 2
Georgetown, KY

'Peeping tom' guest..how to warn other local hosts?

I just threw a guest out late last night as he tried to sneak into my room to watch me shower. I barely caught him the night before but because i was alone, i i just locked myself up in my room. I texted my bf who was out of town that night. The following night, i snuck my bf into the house and my room without the guest knowing. Sure enough as soon as my shower started he slowly creeped open my door, he was frozen when he realized he opened my door and my bf was standing there. We told him he had 15 min to get out or we would call the police. I immediately reported his profile on Airbnb. He stays alot in the area by his reviews and he had all 5 stars!! Apparently he has never been caught! He was too slick for this to have been his first time. How.can i get him kicked off Airbnb before he books another stay with another female local host??

5 Replies 5
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Cheri42 

I would have STILL called the police! You said you reported his profile, but I would still call ABB immediately. This is where a police report would help. Based on experiences from hosts here in the forum, I can see an ABB rep saying you need proof, blah, blah, and they may not just take "your word."

Seriously though, please at least make a record of this/formal complaint with the police. That guest is a predator and he will more than likely do it again if allowed to continue.

Suzanne- good idea on still making a formal complaint. I took a pic of his vehicle, plate number, and i do have 'proof'. My bf started the video on his cell phone and watched the bedroom door. I was hoping to get a way of letting other local hosts know about him. Thanks!!

@Cheri42 

That is absolutely terrifying. And the cell phone video should be good proof for the police.

There is also an ABB "Blacklist" group on Facebook. (you should be able to find it via search) So maybe consider posting his profile there, in case ABB does not remove him from the platform.

I'm so sorry this happened. I'm a female who lives alone, too, and I can't imagine how violated you must feel.

Formal complaint definitely! They may not be able to charge him with anything, or whatever. But the important thing is there's a record. So if it happens again, it can establish a pattern and make the next claim more believeable. (as sad as it sounds to write that a single claim might not be believeable)

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Cheri42 Here's the link for the FB blacklist group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/188885775174427/

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72 

Thanks for posting that link Ann, I was not aware of that. I may well join that, not that I have ever felt threatened in the past!

But seeing as Airbnb are attempting to make the booking process as anonymous as possible for the host, a site like this will not tell us how good a guest is but, it could help us to decide how bad that guest may be if they do by some chance happen to show up here, or on another platform!

Thanks 'hug-buddy'

Cheers......Rob