Perfect guests, 100%

Ruth175
Level 3
Antarctica

Perfect guests, 100%

Perfect guests leave perfectly clean beds. Was “advised” into my face to wash their sheets a little bit harder. No, no ..... NO damages here, this is perfectly normal. Why we do this? Because we morons and we can. Now eagerly awaiting for perfect 5-stars review and perfect support by Airbnb. Fed up.

IMG_20180902_112116_N.jpgIMG_20180902_112441_N.jpgIMG_20180902_113428_N.jpgIMG_20180902_116713_N.jpg

12 Replies 12
Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

You live in Antarctica? That must be amazing.

@Noel63 wrote:

You live in Antarctica? That must be amazing.

You know global warming... And I have a secret to tell you... Yes you can too!

But how your question is connected with this thread subject?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ruth175

Maybe @Noel63 thought guest are melting too in Antartica, seen the pictures...

@Emiel1

Good point or maybe not, Antarctica is about my place of living, isn't it? My listing location is much closer to equator.

In pictures... God knows what this is. Maybe some kind of body oil, sunscreen or... It was all around the cabin and not just on bed linen, even in shelves. Considering these morons were surprised of our full time presence, they probably expected to have some “romantic” fun.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

I wasn't sure what the wet spots were.

@Noel63

These spot are not wet at all. It seems various stuff with a different viscosity was used. On the floor it was some dense stuff more like vaseline, in the shelves much more liquid like massage oil or sunscreen spray, on the bed linen probably everything. On sheets stain shades a bit differ, probably from multiple contact over time. Anyway, it does not matter much.

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ruth175

Yes nasty Ruth, I just shudder when I think what may have brought that on!!!

But let me tell what got to me most.....the black hair, YUCK, I have a thing about unattached hair!  That is why I have someone sevice my cottage now....it cost me $30 a turn around, but Ruth, it's worth it just so I don't have to pull the 'metres' of black hair from the shower and sink drains!

Ruth, I personally have been lucky, the only time a guest did that in my listing they washed the linens and hung them out to dry....told me they always do it but, it stuck me as being a bit suss! Would they have done it if there had not been a washing machine in the listing? 

Ruth, one of the lovely things about the community centre is you have shared this experience and you have our sympathy, but tomorrow it will be someone else and you will then have sympathy for them...sharing these issues does ease the pain and make it more barable.

I hope you don't strike another like that for a long time!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4

Thanks for your sympathy! Just I am not this kind of person. I does not work for me. I have 110 euro in damages, will get "perfect" revenge review. It will kill my rating. I will have to fight for it's removal, yeah moron's experience counts. My 99% bet Airbnb will not give any f****** about this. Sick of fake facades. BTW, these morons did not bother to read any info on my listing, they expected to be alone... House Rules?!!? Who cares?

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ruth175

Try not to be too hard on CS Ruth, they do their best to sort out these sort of issues equitably. The problem is, if they do offer any form of compensation to you it will be an adjudicated decision and will take into account things like 'wear and tear' and you may find if you claim compensation from CS you may only get a portion of what you are claiming.

As far as the review is concerned be honest and mark these guests very poorly for cleanliness and observance of house rules. Don't accuse them of being anything other than poor guests. If you mention specific things the guest can apply to have the review removed so just be general and state your perception of them as guests.

A review only helps the community if it stays visible, once removed it is useless!

By the way Ruth, what is that accommodation, is it a yacht? 

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4

From my perspective, such damages are not 'wear and tear'. There is obvious negligence present. My damage deposit is 300 euro, so will see if it works. My concern in general is not this particular case. Bed linen is not complicated to replace, just it would take me 8 hours and 40 euro in travel expenses. My concern are damages to much more specific sailboat parts, e.g. it is strictly forbidden to use street shoes as small stones in a soles brake deck surface. To fix such damages or damages to custom-made parts could cost thousands. And if I cannot trust Airbnb in such miserable case with bed linen…

Moreover, no do not want to be light with Airbnb customer service. They are paid to serve hosts. I have my right to demand quality service, reasonable and right solution.

Rob, this is a sailing boat. Yachts are a bit bigger toys with big engines and without sails (though terminology differs).

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

If there was tension between you and the guests, it might be best if you left the review until the last minute.

Tension? I showed them ruined bed linen and asked to cover damages pointing to exact prices for identical items at online shop plus delivery fee to my location (remote). They slapped “this is normal” to my face and insisted I should wash these sheets better or look for professional dry cleaner for ‘no dry clean’ sheets. My listing is in a tiny island you can walk around in 3 hours... Yeah sure there are professional dry cleaners on every coner. You may be reasonable with reasonable people. This is not such case. No doubt, these morons will express their so so valuable experience and next day just setup new account to act in the same manner.