Petty Complaints - add yours!

Petty Complaints - add yours!

Based on my original post and a suggestion from another lovely host, what are your ridiculous and petty complaints that you have received from guests? I will kick us off

Bird song in the morning was annoying and loud. 

49 Replies 49
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Elton John once asked a hotel to do something about the wind which was too loud. Mind you that was during his druggy years.

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

Potholders too thin.

Fixtures need updating.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Only had one "complaint" yet; my extra army bed was a little bit hard. Ok... Im sorry. But sorry wont help. I will still be the same tomorrow.

So I'll add some funny complaints received by the turist information in my city #Bergen:

-Can someone turn off the waterfalls so I can sleep?

-No-one told me that the midnight sun was the same sun that we have in ***< tourists home country

-Why is there no elevator to the top of the mountain?

-Can you give me directions to my hotel? -Sure! Whats the name of the hotel youre staying in? -I dont know. Thats why Im asking you!

-Guest booked house in the hills to have a view from the bedroom. Then complained about having to walk up a hill to the housing.

The list goes on!

Mariann 🙂

At the local visitor centre: ''There is no water in the water falls''. Said in February when there is no flowing water. Summer in Australia!

Leona4
Level 2
Grindleford, United Kingdom

It gets dark at night!!

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

One guest thought the red light on the smoke detector was a camera filming her.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

......FLOOR WASN'T LEVEL!.....

Mind you, I think a few wines had been consumed at that point!!

Cheers....Rob

Direct quote from guest's message to us. He apparently thought sending a message to the host is different from sending it to owners....

"I'm new to Airbnb, this is my second reservation, and if this were my first with you, it would also be my last. Since my new position requires 2 nights per week for the indefinite future, I trust you value my business. Please note that contacting the owners wouldn't have provided any meaningful relief for the above issues.

Oh, and there's no light in the refrigerator.

Richard"

@Ash-and-Dasha0 @Sheri16...Wow, that's up there!

How do some of these people actually bumble their way through life making it safely to death!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

"The house is much too quiet at night."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I am joining this conversation just to say LOL!  

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

"I only gave 4 stars for location because I didn't read the map right and thought the water would be closer than it was."

"Could you do something about the mosquitos [outdoors]?"

I received a mini-novel detailing at least a dozen complaints, almost enturely due to the fact that the guest booked without looking at the ad properly. He was astonished to learn it was close to the train line, and in an estate requiring him to make a turn off of a busy road to enter. These factors were addressed in 'things to know'.  He claimed that the term 'private bath' meant he should have a tub, even though the photos showed just a shower. 

He said the light switch felt a bit loose, and was therefore a safety hazzard, etc, etc.

But the most hilarious was that he claimed he felt uncomfortable by "a presence" in the room next door. He arrived later than the agreed time, and we were already in bed, and he was gone before I left the bedroom  both mornings (being pregnant I like to have a lie in and chat with my husband in bed). I even mentioned that we had a busy weekend, and would not be available much because he booked with less than 24 hours notice.  He claimed he felt disturbed by 'the presence', and suspected we rented out the other bedroom without his consent (even though the ad states that it is OUR HOME), and said he was worried about his things being stolen (despite being provided with a key to lock his room, also outlined in the ad). 

Linda-And-Greg0
Level 3
Castro Valley, CA

Why is there lint on the duvet?  Answer: I don't know...it wasn't there when you checked in