[Poll] How far in advance do you open your calendar?

Jenny
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

[Poll] How far in advance do you open your calendar?

Jenny_0-1662981125343.png

Hi everyone,

Deciding how far in advance to open your calendar is no easy task. A booking could fall on a date you didn't know you wouldn't be available on, prices might need adjusting as seasons, events and circumstances change, or you might have a more in-depth strategy to maximise bookings. 

There is a myriad of reasons that could lead you to manage your calendar in different ways, and we'd love to hear more about how you approach this!

So tell us, how long do you usually open your calendar for? 

Tell us more about your answer and why that is in the comments below 💡

Thanks, 

Jenny

You're invited to our 6th Month of Celebration!  Join the party by clicking here!
Can’t find what you’re searching for?
Click
start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

22 Replies 22
Z-2
Level 10
null

@Jenny I hope it can have 15 months option. Now it is only have 3/6/9/12 months and then "all future booking". I have some return guests want to booking little more than one year. For example, this June, a guest want to booking for next Sep. I am OK, but the date not open. Then I let them wait. Until end of Aug, I found out I can manually open the blocked days. Then I opened it manually and they booked. But for the real good return guests, I sometimes give them some discount by modify the booking. I couldn't modify the reservation after they booked until the start of Sep. Make the things more confusing. 

So if there is 15 months option, it will be better. Also if we can send the special offer to the return guests, that's be good. Now we can't. We have to explain to the guest how it works using booking modification.

Bridget130
Level 10
Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy

mainly because I get guests asking to book a year in avance ,and they say the bookings are not opened ,so I just correct prices and open them , if there is a request its best to open in advance . ciaoo ciaoo

Bridget

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay