Recent Q&A. How hard is to answer a direct question?

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Recent Q&A. How hard is to answer a direct question?

Was it just me or did others feel that Brian Chesky seemed incapable of answering simple questions with direct answers ?  Very disappointed. 

18 Replies 18
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I had an impression that he answered the questions that sounded good for Airbnb PRs, and avoided inconvinient ones, @David-and-Fiona0

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Michelle-and-Ray0
Level 10
Kimberley, Canada

He never answered the profile photo question AT ALL. He just went off on a tangent about guest quality. That's not at all what was asked or even why it's a concern for people. He was also asked about greater control on things such as cleaning fees. The answer given was all about how they are going to "offer" hosts more "discount options" and ways we, as hosts can offer discounts. That wasn't what was asked about! We don't want discount options! There's too much of that already! We asked about GETTING more money, not giving it away!
He was fairly clear about reducing their fee's, though, even if it did take him a while. The short answer was no.
It was really quite frustrating to not have questions answered in a simple way, if at all.

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@David-and-Fiona0 What type of answers did you expect from a billionard business man? Business like answers of course 🙂

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I read about the evasive interview on another forum after it went out live. Didn't bother listening to it for that reason and spend more time on not getting direct answers. 

Doesn't surprise me - these replies are 'politician speak'. Never reply directly, esp. if it's an uncomfortable answer, but grab the conversation and run with it in your own interest.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have not watched the video because to watch it I am required to register (sign up) for a cloud video service. I do not want to do it, I just wanted to watch the video.

Are some of you also required to sign up?

Nope - just name and email. It hasn't resulted in spam. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

The only very specific info he gave was that the wolf guy will make $300k this year. I wonder how the wolf guy feels about the mention. I gave my synopsis of the playback over on the link in Updates.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Watch-the-replay-of-the-global-host-Q-amp-A/m-p/5...

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

also, you kind of expect a politician to be a bit evasive, since the theory is that the questions have been thrown at them cold but since these questions were hand picked, wouldn't someone have decided what the right answer was before they ever started?!?

Why do you pick a question for inclusion and then NOT answer it!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @David-and-Fiona0@Kelly149@J-Renato0@Andrea9@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Michelle-and-Ray0@Marzena4

I hope you are all having a good day. 

I just wanted to come back to you here, to thank you for your feedback on Brian's recent Q&A. This is all really handy information and highlights some great ways that we can certainly improve for the next Host Q&A.   

José Renato, yes the video does require you to register, by adding your name and email, there is no need to add a password though, which saves time and it has subtitles in many different languages now. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. If you have any suggestions, on how you would like it to work, please do share, I am all ears. 🙂

Thanks again, 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  @José Renato  Would be great if you could post it on a public platform such as youtube or vimeo.  I don't want to have to register for cloud video service either. Or, can you put it here on Airbnb forum?

Lizzie,

It would be helpful if Airbnb prepared concise (and precise) answers to host questions ahead of time so more ground could be covered in the session. It did seem stream of consciousness and I wondered if hosts were more frustrated by the format than informed.

Looking forward to seeing the next one be more comprehensive. There are a lot of legitimate concerns I saw expressed as I was "voting up" topics before the forum.

Also - it would be nice, given the thousands of questions submitted, to have the top vote getters get written answers to them here in the community.

Thanks!

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Lizzie Would be great if they could do this ever 3months and instead of letting people vote for whose question will be selected to actually select the most repetitive and important questions. Thanks you. 

It doesn't matter what the questions are, apparently. They don't answer them anyway! LOL

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 and @Ange2 for your suggestions here. I too like the idea of at least the recording being on youtube, this way like you say Ange, it could be posted directly into the CC. I will certainly highlight this to the team. 🙂 

Could you provide a little more information Oomesh around what you mean here, would these questions be from the Community Center or questions that people share similarly to last time (but without the voting)? 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.