Recycling help

Celine324
Level 1
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Recycling help

Hi

I am a host but today I am also a guest.

My current host expects me to recycle, which is great. I am doing it back home and also encourage my guests to do it. But I provide different trashcans - glass, paper, plastic and others.

Here where we are currently just a single dirty bin is available outside the door of our appartment.

About 60 meters away with steps, a recycling center has bins are to be used by all the guests with compost, dry, glass, paper and plastic. 

How should I manage this in the appartment? I can't definitely walk to the recycling center each time I have to trash something, and I will not buy the equipment to put in the appartment I'm renting... Any tips? Thanks 😊

Céline 

1 Reply 1

@Celine324  Is there literally nothing that you can possibly  improvise as a receptacle?

For example:  a reusable bag draped over the door handle for plastics and glass bottles, a paper grocery bag for paper goods, and a washable container with lid in the kitchen for compostables? 

I agree that it's easier to sort waste when you have dedicated, labelled bins, but this is not exactly rocket science. A little resourcefulness goes a long way.