Reprimanded for 0% Acceptance Rate, but I have no Requests or Inquiries

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Reprimanded for 0% Acceptance Rate, but I have no Requests or Inquiries

So yet another ridiculous reprimand from the Airbnb automated system today. I took a look at my Progress dashboard, and I noticed that there was a message that I wasn't meeting basic requirements on one of my listings. Very odd, I thought, as I'm generally good. I went to see what it had to say, and I have a 0% acceptance rate on my cottage. But here's the thing: I have no booking requests on my cottage from Airbnb. I don't rent my cottage on the platform for July and August, when most people want to book, because I can't live with the cancellation policies offere by Airbnb: I can't afford to have it sitting empty. I only have it available in May, June, September and October, when cancellations aren't so painful. I haven't had a booking request for a year. I've fielded inquiries, which I've always responded to promptly, but there are no requests to accept, so what's a host to do? I can't accept requests that don't exist, and I've dropped so far down in the search results at this point my chances of ever getting booked on Airbnb are slim to none. I'm booked, don't get me wrong: just not through Airbnb.

Maybe time to just give up the ghost on this property and unlist, in case it starts damaging my other listing.

Has anyone else had this experience?

4 Replies 4
Thomas746
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

I duplicated my one listing that has a 3 day minimum stay - to test the waters for 1 day and 30 stays.  Each time I'd look at performance I would notices telling me I needed to do this or that.  I worried it was impacting my main 3 day listing (same property), so I delisted the other two.  Now I no longer get the performance notices.  Yes, the computer.  We always seem to be trying to figure out what the computer is doing or going to do. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alexandra316 

So it is correct: no requests implies 0% acceptance rate !

I do also have guests or tennants from other sources, even for longer periods.

Then acceptance rate is dramatically going down for that listing, including warnings showing up.

But i don't care, it's just a blurb from a piece of badly coded software.

Best regards,

Emiel

@Emiel1 Glad to hear I'm not alone!

I just kind of feel like it's akin to being yelled at by your coach because you didn't stop any goals from going in. There were no shots on goal but you didn't stop any balls from going in, so you must be doing something wrong!

But you're right: just stupid coding at work and a petty annoyance.

Cathryn24
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

@Alexandra316  I was also penalised 0% for no booking. You can't make guest book your listing, or do Air BNB expect us to go out and drag gusts in my the scruff of the neck bucking and screaming. Yes this does put your listing further down the viewing platform.