Reservation Calendar

Rick54
Level 2
Grenada

Reservation Calendar

Hi: I am realitively new to Airbnb, and would like to become a "Superhost". Our calendar is very full, through a number of different listing sights, including our own website. In the past I have simply blocked off time that was booked on sites other than Airbnb, however I see that I require 10 bookings on the Airbnb calendar as one of the requirements to become a "Superhost". My question is, "do my 10 booking on Airbnb have to be "through" Airbnb, or can I simply add to my online calendar?"

Cheers,

Rick

10 Replies 10
Lisa40
Level 6
Edgewood, WA

The bookings do need to be from Airbnb. I had the same struggle my first year of hosting. It took me 6 months to get enough reservations to achieve Superhost. Once you're in, they only require that you get good reviews and don't cancel. 

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate your insight.

Cheers!

Rick

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Rick54 the bookings have to be made through Airbnb. Most of our 163 sets of guests this season have been via booking.com and those don't count towards superhost.

Don't worry about SH, most guests have no idea what it is and don't do searches for superhosts. Just concentrate on providing the best service and Airbnb experience that you can. If guests like it and you don't do anything like cancel a booking then Superhpst status might come. But it's a bauble, not the reason for doing it.

Thanks Victoria. My concern is that the "Superhost" listings will show up in the searches earlier than mine, regardless of how busy, and well reviewed I am through my other marketing efforts.

Cheers!

Rick

Superhost status comes with priority phone support. When I have had a problem the longest I waited on hold was two minutes. It's usually much less..

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

ABB alows you to book through them and block out dates that are not available, whatever the reason.

It does not incorporate any bookings you have made through other sites.

David

Thanks David. I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Rick

Meg23
Level 2
Lake Oswego, OR

They do have to be Airbnb bookings.  May I ask whatever booking sites do you use?

Thanks Marianne. Besides our own website for Villa Beachcliff, Grenada, we use TripAdvisor, FlipKey, and HomeAway primarily.

Cheers,

Rick

Rosie10
Level 2
Craster, United Kingdom

I have had more than 10 bookings and more I than delivered on reviews etc, yet they move on the date of acceptance of superhosting??