Resolution

Answered!
Dina4
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Resolution

Hi!

When involving Airbnb in a resolution matter, they ask if there is anything I'd like to add.

Will the guest see this message as well?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Dina4,

I recently had a resolution request in which I needed to escalate to Airbnb to make a decision.  I know that I did not get to see any of what the guest said about me or the situation so I am assuming they do not share what you say about them.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Dina4,

I recently had a resolution request in which I needed to escalate to Airbnb to make a decision.  I know that I did not get to see any of what the guest said about me or the situation so I am assuming they do not share what you say about them.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

No they never do to prohibit additional conflict and allow that department to mediate the situation

Robin-and-Mami0
Level 5
Honolulu, HI

I would like to know the acceptable Airbnb resolution invoice format.   Airbnb recently denied my claim indicating the invoice provided did not meet Airbnb standards and an acceptable copy was attached.  However they failed to attach the acceptable invoice format copy.  I requested it 4 times and they never sent me a copy.  I messaged.  I called  in.  I asked for a supervisor. I gave up. They just went round and round saying their decision was final - that wasn't my question - I wasn't challenging their decision - I wanted to know what the acceptable invoice format should be for future reference -- even though the invoice I sent them should have met their minimum standards as it contained the vendors contact info, my info, invoice number, invoice date, invoice amount, when due and repair description - which is all any invoice needs to show according to the legal definition of an invoice.  As a result I lost $75 on a leather  couch repair.  I'm happy to supply the messages between me and Airbnb if anyone is interested.  I gave up on the claim initially because in the big picture i am grateful for Airbnb.  There is no real alternative to the level of service they provide to hosts.  I didn't want to get bent out of shape over this amount when it doesn't matter in the big picture.  however, I'd like to know what the  correct acceptable format is going forward.  It's like house rules.  We don't just say they exist, we give a copy to our guests. 

I think you will find as Airbnb continues to grow, that the resolution process becomes more and more vague.  I am shocked at the level of bullying Airbnb has directed at me when it come to claims.  Blatant vandalism, drug use, etc. and I have waited literally months for Airbnb to get back to me.  

I have had "trust and safety" make up rules that are no where to be found in the terms of use. I have had my house rules completely ignored by guests and by Airbnb. I have had vandals' reservations canceled by airbnb and then without any due process Airbnb returned all of the guest fees (it took months to have that decision reversed).

Airbnb seems to be banking on the income dependent hosts they have created.  They seem to be confident that no matter how poorly hosts are treated, they wil keep coming back for more!  How many hosts are paying part of their rent, mortgages and other vital life expenses?  There is literaly no competition to really speak of and Airbnb seems to not only know this, but they seem to be exploiting it!

There are comparable alternatives and you can use the automated iCal function to avoid duplicate bookings.  I started spreading the risk after a series of very expensive Airbnb policy violations.  Escalating made no difference.  Once they make a wrong decision they stick with it. When Airbnb was smaller, they were more careful to resolve fairly - probably because their strategy was to build virtual inventory.  Now it seems they are more inclined to clearly break their own rules or to be otherwise unprofessional to build favor with guests at the expense of hosts.  I'm a Real Estate Broker.  We all read the news.  I deal with contracts constantly.  If you don't have clear ground rules or you don't follow your own written rules your business will suffer or be short lived - kharma and law of reciprocal harvest at work.   See Facebook.

Angelica57
Level 1
Fresno, CA

I had a guest check in while i was out of town, when I came back in town there was a small hole in my wall.  The guest said he didnt think they did it, but they were the only ones in the house.  He declined paying for it so got Airbnb involved.  It has been two weeks since I made the claim.  Does anyone know how long it takes to resolve a problem?

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

When I had to get Airbnb Resolution involved, it was handled within 72 hours. 

Unfortunately, if you get Resolution involved, you will almost assuredly get a negative review. I think Airbnb would be wise to adopt a policy similar to ebay's where if the need for resolution arises, the review portion is disabled. 

In my case, I had two frat boys rent my apartment. Apparently reading for comprehension is not a core requirement at Tulane University because my guest failed to read my description that clearly stated, ONE double bed and that my apartment is suitable for business travelers, singles or COUPLES. It also states, "No smoking ANYWHERE on the premises". 

Frat boys decided to leave after 2 hours because there was only 1 bed, but not before Frat boys left their cigar wrappers and ashes everywhere. 

I kept their security deposit because I had to get the cigar stench out of my apartment within 24 hours before the next guest arrived. 

Needless to say, they gave me a 1* review and said I lied about my house being suitable for 2 people. Oh, and that the cigar mess was there when they arrived. Yeah, right.

How do you keeo the security deposit?

Katherine648
Level 1
Denver, CO

Has anyone ever had success with escalating a claim to air Bnb? I recently had a guest that caused over $800 in repairs, no deposit, and air Bnb failed to support my claim. The “resolution center” said I had to wait until they left, I had all repairs initiated with in 24 hours, but then Airbnb said because another guest came in 72 hours later my claim was denied. To add insult to injury trying to reach air Bnb is a nightmare. You have to follow links as if you are a guest just to talk with anyone. The lesson I learned is that air Bnb is not here to support hosts and the insurance policy they list is never going to help you so don’t count on air Bnb.