Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106

I would say any is fine, except I was going to look at others before my own to get a feel of it. Lol 

Is that possible? 

Actually, the second is probably fine. 🙂 

Thanks!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing, thanks @Kristine53. Well you will be able to take a look at Helga's post from the first day. 🙂 

I'll put you down for Dec 2nd. Thanks so much and remember when you create the new topic, in the title to add [Day 2] "then your title" so that we can spot it. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Lizzie, @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0, nice to extend it to the end of the year! That makes it more inclusive and less religious - besides we get 31 gifts. 

@Kristine53, the original idea of the calendar was to have one pleasant surprise for the kids per day. In a forum, that could be anything pleasant or helpfull or in the mood of the season. I’m not good at serious or meditative moods, nor hints and helpful tricks in spontaneous posts , so I will put up a story. I had not considered, that the first one might be seen as an exemple, but after reading your post, I thought, as a concession to Pleasant Christmas moods, it should not be a story making fun of a guest experience, like I often write. So you will get a nearly not hosting related story. And you, Kristine, will be free to set the tone for the rest 😉 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I don't know what I will come up with, but December 13th might be a day for me, plz, @Lizzie

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing, thank you @Marzena4. I am sure there are lots of things you could mention, if you can't think of something hosting related, then you could always share something non-Airbnb related. 🙂

December 13th is yours.

--------------------

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

@Lizzie

Ill take 12/10 if it's available.  If not I'll take the 11 or 9th

fun! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Joanne-Flynn0,

Thanks so much for this. Great, I will put you down for December 10th. 🙂

--------------------

Allison116
Level 10
Walnut Creek, CA

@Lizzie Is there a calendar for this. How do we know what days are open and which are taken?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Allison116,

Thanks for asking about this. I have just created a post outlining the available dates and how it works here in the this thread. Here is the direct link to my post for reference.

It would be great to hear which day you would like to be. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Due to serious traffic, I missed the first half of the Q&A with Brian Chesky.  Is there any way to learn what the answers to the questions were?  I tried calling Airbnb to ask for that information, but I was told they couldn't do that.  I am very disappointed.

@Lizzie,  tried to send you a private email... let me do it here:

Has Day 2 not been posted, or should I be looking elsewhere?  Nothing is showing up in my inbox.

Thanks!

Kim
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Lizzie: Put me down for whatever day you need filled 19th-30th of December. I am not quite sure what others would find interesting, but perhaps the story of a guest in show business (NFL halftime shows - Super Bowl) that stayed in my place September 2015 kind of changed its fortune and also resulted in much benefit toward tourism overall for the small country I am in (Belize). Strange/lucky things do happen.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Fred13,

Oo this sounds like it has everything, I can't wait to hear more. 🙂

Quite a few of those dates are free, so how about lucky December 20th? 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

20th it is.