Reviews in chronological order

Gail84
Level 2
Maylands, Australia

Reviews in chronological order

Hi fellow Hosts,

I know this topic has been discussed on many occasion but just wanted to know if there is any update to it from AirBnB? Who gives a rats what language or where someone is from as to where hosts reviews are placed.  Chronological order is the only order to have,   Guests looking at and going by the latest reviews are NOT going to go to the bottom of your review list!.   As for placing them there due to language or country is nonsense, Google can interpret any language for you  if it is written in anything other than English.  One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.  It gives such a false impression to see old reviews at the top of the list.  Guests do not know or are unaware that they have to search for language or country to see the latest reviews for a listing or in my case, go to the bottom of many pages to see the latest review.  Of all the idiotic things AirBnB decides, this one tops the useless, not helpful, misguided, detrimental to hosts booking list.

1 Reply 1
Sherry317
Level 1
North Vancouver, CA

I completely agree. We are near the US Canada border, and our guests come from both countries equally. The Americans see the American reviews first, and the Canadians see the Canadian reviews first. This makes no sense because guests aren't going to keep scrolling past a page or two, so they miss out on the really great recent reviews from the other country. If we have several American guests in a row, Canadian travelers aren't going to see those reviews and will think no one has stayed in our condo for months. They'll never see the great things the recent American guests  have said.

Like most hosts, I'm always working on improving our guests' experience, and that's reflected in the most recent reviews. Reviews should be in order regardless of the traveler's country.

I have submitted a feedback form and would encourage others to do the same.