Reviews

Daniel1992
Level 10
Downingtown, PA

Reviews

Looking at my Super Host progress, I won't attain it for this last period.  I simply didn't have enough bookings for the previous year (4).  However, I'm also short on the percentage of reviews (33%).  Is it improper to ask my guests to leave a review?  I want to be fair with the system, but I also don't want to miss out on Super Host in January if I don't have enough reviews.

3 Replies 3
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@ Daniel

It really depends on the guest as some may think it's a bit pushy for the host to request a review and they may not oblige!

Its a fine balancing act trying to gauge the response of your guest so I'd go by my gut instinct.

If you had a good rapport with your guest give it a try, if it's an entitled guest honey won't bother no matter what you ask.

Er hello., imagine having to waste their precious ME time writing a review for You.... It's something these folk would not even contemplate as its too much effort!

Honey should read MANY ( just you incase you thought I was getting a bit fresh in my old age😉)

JayandWayne0
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

I will sent a message to the guest (only to the someone I will recommend to other hosts ) after a day they checked out, to remind they give me a review. These friendly guests will have a higher chance to write reviews to you, especially when the evaluation interface is very complicated and multi-page now.

For example,

Hi [Guest name],

Thank you for being a responsible guest. The next time you visit [you city], we hope you will consider us again. We will be giving you a five star review.

When you have time, please leave me a review and any private feedback they have to offer so I can make things even better. Airbnb hosts are very dependent on our guest's reviews, and I'd greatly appreciate it".

Thanks again,
[Your name]

Please pay attention to two points when you send a message,

1) Pay attention to the time difference.  You will never be happy if receive the message in the middle of the night.

2) I don't recommend you to send the message to terrible guest. If they don't respect your house, you can't expect them will give you a respectful review.