SHARE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

SHARE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE

Anyone have a pleasant hosting or guesting circumstance? or helpful tip? (of which ive adopted a few from these forums, thank you)

I would say on an interesting note that i never imagined id have people from Paris or Italy staying in my home -its kinda cool where people are from. I learn a little more about other cultures everytime.

Id be interested in hearing others

87 Replies 87
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is really lovely to hear @Huma0. It is amazing when you make such a connection with another person and I am sure you neice will visit Japan one day so, you never know! Perhaps your guest will visit you again here in London?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I hope so Lizzie. She was such a lovely lady, had travelled a lot and had led a really interesting life. We managed to chat away for hours even though we barely spoke the same language!

Justin160
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

I've been hosting for a year now and this is the first time a guest left me a letter about their stay. I know getting good reviews and 5 stars are great but this is nice. I think it really helps if you pay close attention to guest's profile and do an extra something. My guest is a dog lover so I brought my dog with me as a welcoming party. She appreciated it and it happens that she's also a veterinarian. So she's happy, hence leaving me a letter and I got a free consult 🙂

airbnbletter

This is great! I would frame it and put it somewhere in the room.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

My husband and I have been hosting for just over a year.  Our first guests were 2 mature couples in town for a birthday party.  One couple was from Tennessee and the other from Missouri.  The lady from Missouri had lived here in San Antonio as a child.  My husband was visiting with the ladies and answering their questions about how came to purchase the property, renovations we had done and so on.  When my husband mentioned the name of the previous owner, the lady from Missouri said she had known the family and had attended church with them some 60-70 years ago.  We had a wonderful visit with the 2 couples as well as other family members.  One evening we shared burgers and played Dominoes.  Another night we grilled fajitas.  A year later and we still keep in touch.

Danae2
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Okay, this is more than a positive experience, this is one of the funniest experiences I've ever had in all my years of hosting.

It's worth a cup of iced tea or morning coffee to watch it through. Maybe 8 minutes long?

If you love AirBnB, having people from all over the world staying at your home and know that every now and then you get the "rare gem" guest, you won't want to miss this!  Just click  Here

AirBnB on!

Danae,

Boulder, CO

Melody-And-Peter0
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

We've been hosting for about a year and a half, and for the most part it has been wonderful! My positive expierience is... a year ago one guest found a little note pad that we left on the refridgerator and she left us a nice little thank you note. After that, another guest left a note on the fridge. Now, a year later we have 50 little notes all over the refridgerator commenting on the lovley time each guest had. It makes me so happy every time I see my note collage that fills the whole front of the fridge! 🙂

Erika140
Level 2
Asheville, NC

The truth is, most guests just want a place to sleep and don't really feel like chatting with a stranger, but I've been very happy with all of my guests.  Everyone is very polite, considerate, clean, and reasonable.  A couple of times I've had the honor of hosting some foreigners who turned out to be the most friendly of everyone!!!  There was a gentleman from India who was a first-time visitor to the US, and a couple from Spain.  A complaint here and there is normal, but overall people are so kind and so lovely!  It gives me alot of faith in humanity to be an Airbnb hostess!

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

We hosted a couple who had just gotten married. They were older, probably in their 60s: both married previously and had grown kids. They were on their honeymoon trip. We live in a major wine producing region in Ontario, Canada, so we got them a bottle of the local sparkling wine and put it in the fridge for them, along with a card with our congratulations. They were the nicest, sweetest couple ever, and also left us a thank you card for their stay, which I just thought was lovely. It was just a really nice interaction.

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

I love the food people leave behind. And the booze. I've even acquired two bottles of bear spray in the past year! It's great! Except for those people who leave skim milk behind. Seriously! Who drinks that filth!!??

Steve
Kathy516
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

I have someone from Japan at my house right now, he is a student taking a course at the university.  He's so kind and appricates me showing Oklahoma culture along with some American food.  What joy to have someone from another country.  

Any suggestions to attract more forginers? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is lovely to hear @Kathy516, thanks for sharing. It's great you he is soaking up your local area. 

It's a good question, perhaps you might like to start your own topic, in the Hosting board–asking your question. This will make it easier to find for people wanting to reply. 

Happy hosting. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you Lizzie! I just posted the question. I am a slow in responding.