Sex workers

Emily52
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Sex workers

Just curious if others have had this experience, and wondering what you have done to avoid it moving forward. 

Twice now my listing (private room with shared bathroom)  has been booked by a sex worker who used /intended to use (in the second, more recent instance) the room for business purposes. Both times the guests had no reviews, but answered my questions re:who was staying, what they would be up to, and a bit about themselves. Apart from just no longer accepting guests who have zero reviews, is there anything I can do to prevent this? Have others had this happen, or does something about my listing attract this type of guest/booking?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do you accept same day bookings?

Do you accept one night bookings?

If you do that will be attractive to sex workers.

Barbara-and-Martin0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Hello Emily it just happened to us. Thanks  we will make sure we do not accept same day bookings or one night bookings and only accept guests who are recommended by other hosts. Unfortunately they left a mess and an extra deep clean needs to be charged. We're just collecting invoices and have photographic evidence then put our claim in.

I have in my rules, no working, only confirmed guests on the reservation are allowed access to the apartment.  I reiterate this in the welcome message.  Also, I never tell them my schedule, makes it harder for them to sneak people in and out never knowing if I will be around.