Sliding scale for payment.

Patricia8
Level 1
Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Sliding scale for payment.

I have an appartment with two double bedrooms - potentially 4 guests. I want payment to be set at $80 for a single guest, $120 for a couple, and $140 for 3 or 4 and I can't find a way of doing this. Is there a way?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Patricia8,

As far as I know, there is not an easy way of doing this with this pricing scheme.  The only way I can see you doing this is creating two listings for the same listing and closely monitoring them.

Listing one: setup as a maximum of two guests and have the rate set at $80.  You would then set a $40 rate for addiional guests over 1.

Listing two: setup as maximum of four guests and have the rate set $140.

Cheers

Dave 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Clay0
Level 10
Denver, CO

The only way to get close to this would be to use the additional guest feature. This charges a flat fee per night for each guest after your set minimum guest number. It has to be in even increments. So your main price is $80 and your additional guest fee is $30 (for example) for each guest after 1. Then the pricing would be as follows (assuming guests honestly enter the number of guests on the reservation):

1 guests: $80 per night

2 guests $110 per night

3 guests $140 per night

4 guests $170 per night

Airbnb doesnt offer exactly what you are looking for but you should be able to play around with the addition guest fee to get close to your desired price structure.

Claire273
Level 1
Mount Duneed, Australia

I would just love to offer guests a discount for 2, 3, 4 nights etc. at present I can only see to apply a weekly discount. Is there a way of setting a sliding discount for stays between 2-6 days?

claire