Smart Pricing

Martin32
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, VN

Smart Pricing

Hi community. 

I have a problem with my smart pricing options  have 2 listings and both listings do not have the smart option turned on but the calendar shows the smart pricing prices. 

Enquiries about the listings are being made at the smart pricing prices.

Another is that the app the smart phone is completely different than that of the website, so website advise will be well recieved.

Thanks

Martin

13 Replies 13

I have a problem with the smart pricing.  It is not turned on, but it calculates the pricing like it is.  How do you fix this problem?

Mary

Kate94
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Marietta0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi every body
Airbnb is doing that , I received this e mail today from Airbnb

Coming soon on August 09, 2016
Smart Pricing will soon apply to all open nights on your calendar, instead of 4 months at a time. To keep your price in a range you like for all nights, check your pricing and availability settings.

Call please Airbnb and make the complaint if you are not agree with that , I did it

as a guest, I was searching for space for one night via 'airbnb'. On Monday the web showed me 'only 9 available for this date' which I thought was strange, checked my parameters, and continued with  booking. (Un)fortunately the host made a mistake, he had 3 rooms available and allocated us the wrong one. When sorting this out the next day I saw our room on the airbnb site for adjacent dates at a very much lower price than we had booked for, and his other rooms for same date all at a much lower price. Plus millions of other places available. How can this be? As a guest it doesn't make me happy! I feel well and truly swindled!

Sorry you had a bad experience. It was probably a search glitch. I know my wife and I were searching at the same time and got wildly different results. Oddly I was doing unconstaibed searching snd got less results than she did with filters.

If you are within the cancellation terms you can cancel and explain to host. If not contact Airbnb they test to be biased towards guests 😞 and may help you resolve.

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Alice81
Level 2
Newport Beach, CA

where i can find this option ''smart pricing''?

when i go to the calendar it is suppose to be in right upper corner near the ''availability settings''  but there is no it. where i can find it more?

thank you , Alice

Haider1
Level 3
Denver, CO

Seems airbnb just made a huge mistake, or they intended on it? All my ski season prices changed from custom prices to 'smart pricing', giving people a roughly 70% discount on my place. Luckily I noticed it after getting an inquiry from Mexico about 9 nights in Keystone, CO for $843. I informed the guy there's a glitch in pricing. No way to contact airbnb apparently.

I would understand if it changed all NON-customized prices, as in already set to on for smart pricing, but it didn't do that. It changed all my custom prices from $300'ish to around $100. Not very smart pricing. I'm assuming the system has to learn the seasonal trends. Regardless, this change should not have overwritten people's custom/seasonal prices.

I don't use either smart pricing or instant book just for these reasons. You can contact Airbnb. See Guide in “ Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community” and also chime in on the Hosts Voice!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Shereen3
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

Hi,

Just need some help with regard to smart pricing. I am new to Airbnb and would you recommend smart pricing?

If yes, can u guide me how it works?

What price does the guest see (the average price for the period?). Can they see the daily price.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

As you can see from my previous posts I'm not a fan of either Spart Procikg nor instant book. But I try to price my unit at the high end of the average to attract better quality guests.

If your place is proceed more on the bargain side and your area does not have a lot of events that demand higher prices. Graduations, converts, races etc then it might work for you.

@Andrew90

"I'm not a fan of either Spart Procikg..."

I hate that when "Spart Procikg" happens.  It is so rude!

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887
Mike says: "Need to contact AirBnB, Google It."

I would take Spart is probably a better name than smart.