Special Offer feature not working?

Special Offer feature not working?

When setting up a special offer, the website is not calculating and showing the correct service fee amount in the special offer page. No matter what price I enter for the cost of the reservation, the service fee charged to the guest remains the same at about 12.4%....it doesn't matter if I input a reservation for $500 or for $3,000...the service fee stays at 12.4% of whatever amount I enter. I know that the percentage that Airbnb charges a guest varies, and that the amount is supposed to go down for higher-cost reservations. For example, I have seen in my own experience that lower cost reservations have added a guest service fee payable to Airbnb around 12.4% or so. Higher reservations around $2,500 have added a guest service fee payable to Airbnb of around 6.5%. 

I encountered this glitch once before (months ago) and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out with customer support so I could set up an accurate special offer for a prospective guest. It is disappointing to see that it is still not fixed.

Who else is seeing this?

I find a website or app glitch on almost every single reservation I work on these days! 

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lila-And-Chris0 ,

I recently noticed the special offer form is not calculating Airbnb guest service fees exact the same as when using the normal booking form with same parameters. So there is indeed some glitch in the system, allthough it does not affect me as a host.