Special offers combined with new flexible/non refundable

Roland39
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Special offers combined with new flexible/non refundable

i am using the new cancellation policy with the 10 percent price difference.   When i make a special offer which policy/price applies

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Roland39 Who knows!?! I would guess they will get an option 10% lower than your price if they choose non-cancellable.

Just a quick question - Are you aware that having taken a 10% hit to get a non-cancellable reservation the guest can still get 100% of their money back under the Extenuating Circumstances policy?

i put my prices up first. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Roland39 

If you make a special offer to the guest after they enquire, the Special Offer price should apply as the value indicated in the Special Offer display window. In providing a Special Offer in this way your offer would be assumed to be less than the cost already expected by the guest.

Ensure you watch how the Special Offer payout to you calculates and screenshot the calculation for your own protection.

Of course,  thanks,  but my question revolves around the 10% pricing issue

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Roland39 I've heard that discounts are combined - see this post:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Applying-discounts/m-p/1322552

The way it should work is that you send a special offer and that's the price - end of story.  But honestly I'd be worried.

Vanessa1275
Level 3
New York, NY

@Roland39 Beware of this offer since they calculate the 10% on your original nightly cost, instead of the already discounted nightly cost. In my case my nightly price is $59, I already had a weekly discount of 22% averaging to $12.98 per night. And then they were deducting $5.90/ night on top of that. So it’s as if I was giving a 32% discount which is way too low for me. For me unfortunately this change in the cancellation policy was switched automatically from flexible to this new option by Airbnb, which is a whole separate issue. 

Francesco1616
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi, if you offer 10% off for non-refundable bookings as an option, is that option available also when you send a special offer? thanks!