Super Host coupon

Christine392
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Super Host coupon

Hi 

I have just received a super host coupon. I live in New Zealand and the coupon is in USD can I use it for accomodation in NZ as we won't be going to the US before the coupon expires?

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Yes, of course, you can use it anywhere in the world you like. @Christine392 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christine392 

Congratulations Chris on receiving your Superhost status, you obviously have the makings of a great host, your guests love you!

Chris, your coupon, although to the value of $100US, is available in the form of a credit in the currency you have set as your preferred currency. If that is NZ, congratulations you have $152 to spend against your next trip....and that can be at home in NZ or anywhere in the world.

The value of your coupon is $152.....okay.

Firstly check that your coupon has been credited to your account. You will find it in the Payments/Payouts section of your Account........

Coupon credits.png

Coupons will be displayed below your preferred Payment method.

As you can see from this screenshot I have had 5 coupons in total of which I have used 3....I still have 2 active ones, there is no reservation code alongside them.

If you wish to take a break in NZ or even hop over here to OZ when you come to the check-out page you will be prompted to insert any coupon codes that you may have. When you insert an active code the required payment adjust by the amount of the coupon!

Remember Chris coupon are active for 12 months from the date of issue, if not used in that time you automatically lose them. 

Also a coupon cannot be redeemed for anything else......if the value of your trip is less than the value of the coupon, that's too bad, you don't get a credit for the difference.

Once you use the coupon (or part thereof), that's it, it has gone! 

Enjoy your coupon Christine, it's your guests reward for a job well done over the past year.

Cheers......Rob

Hi @Robin4  

Thank you for all the information. I can now see the coupon in my Payments/Payouts section of my account. Maybe I will pop over to Oz - once our governments set up a Transtasman bubble 🙂 

Cheers

Chris

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christine392 

I find these coupons very handy each year as we head to the east to see our children and grandies. They are the only real tangible benefit Airbnb do give to their superhosts.

Yeah, travel, we are so lucky in this part of the world Chris, both in New Zealand and here in OZ we have been able to keep a lid on COVID-19.

Here in our state of South Australia there are no real local restrictions now, although we are still not letting you folk in, even with your impeccable COVID record. We have not had a case of community transfer or a death since April. This is how our COVID Graph looks......

covid cases 7.10.png

The only new cases since the start of June have been overseas travelers returning back into South Australia and, they have gone straight into hotel quarantine before having a chance to infect anyone. There is no community transfer here and hasn't been for months!

Employers are clambering for workers again, there are shortages in hospitality and primary production......Backpacking fruit-pickers and itinerant workers are like gold here at the moment and can just about name how much they want to be paid.

Patrons are allowed to stand at a public bar and drink again, there are no signs of face masks anywhere. At a football match on this coming Friday evening 30,000 + supporters are being allowed into the ground.

My booking rate over the past few months has been running at close to 20 per month and now with the border restrictions being lifted our turn-away rate is just going to increase! According to 'Porter App' there seems to be more STR travelers than there are Airbnb properties just now!

booking rate a.png

Life is for us much like it is for you in Auckland.....COVID-19 bypassed us Chris and we all learned a lesson from the one state here that did let their guard down and cop a second wave. 

We just have to hope the rest of the world can keep this virus under some sort of control until an effective vaccine can be produced which will reduce the risk of COVID-19 to the same risk as SARS or AIDS! 

Take care Chris and.....happy hosting!

Cheers........Rob 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

My Superhost coupons have never appeared where you say they do. The only way I ca find them is to go to the email I received about them. @Robin4

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977 

That is really strange Sarah, I remember you have mentioned that before! Are you sure Superhost status is being credited to your account?

For all those that I know the awarding of Superhost coupons come in the following order.

First on achieving an anniversary of being a Superhost you will receive this email.....

Superhost coupon b.png

On clicking the red 'Check out your bonus' field you will be taken to this page to activate your bonus...

Superhost coupon a.png

When you click on the 'Show your coupons' field you will be taken to the Payments/Payouts section of your account and the coupon (plus any others you have received)  should be displayed there as shown in my previous post.

Next you will receive this email telling you your bonus is ready to be used.....

Superhost coupon c.png

That's the way it happens for those hosts that I know Sarah! Maybe there is some government regulation in Mexico that stops Airbnb from using this protocol there! 

Cheers..........Rob

@Christine392