Superhost assessment to be postponed due to pandemic

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Superhost assessment to be postponed due to pandemic

Hello Airbnb hosts,

After years of hard work, I will lose my Superhost status because of the lack of chances to boost my ratings. I want to formally ask Airbnb to postpone the Superhost assessment during the covid pandemic. Who's with me?

57 Replies 57
AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Helen350  i have lost bookings because of the pandemic not because of that review. Now I see the misunderstanding. 
please stop referring just to my case and try to open up to the entire community and imagine that some (not you, I understand) might have seen a consistent shrink in their bookings

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@AandM56 Indeed! EVERYONE has lost bookings because of the pandemic! Airbnb modified its SH evaluation criteria to take account of this. So hosts only lost SH status for reviews below 4.8 or a poor response rate - both things which have nothing to do with Covid-19.

- PLEASE accept you weren't good enough with good grace, stop pretending this is all for other people's benefit, & stop this childish wingeing & whining... it's a GOLD STAR for heaven's sake! - Like we got when we were 5, or in first grade! 

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb hasn't modify any criteria to take into account this. They only acted 2 week retroactively, which is very poor!!

See you in three months, when you will be moaning for having a few days booked in the calendar, like I did these three months.

I refrain from replying to the rest of your comment cause it's really irrelevant to this thread, @Helen350 🙄!

Helen350
Level 10

@AandM56 1) WRONG! Airbnb DID modify criteria. Apr 1 SH was judged on only  2 of the usuaI 4 criteria, as the link I posted at the top of the thread explains.

2) It's totally relevant! Time to stop crying  over spilled milk! - And if I get NO bookings in the next 3 months, I'll STILL be a Superhost cos I'm on 4.9 for the period. So no, I won't be back here whining.

Helen350
Level 10

.... not that SH  matters; Perish the thought!!!

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I had a completely empty calendar for over a month! Helen, you are still just considering the narrow perspective of the UK. Derek just said he already had 15 cancellations in this Assessment not the next one!

I can see that people only care about their own issues...

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the link Helen, I knew I’d seen something about this but couldn’t find it. We’ll have to wait and see but I think they will need to apply similar rules to the next assessment. I believe we’re not going to get out of this situation as soon as others seem to do and many won’t be able to host for quite a while if we follow the regulations imposed in our respective countries and social distancing becomes a thing of the past. 

Helen350
Level 10

@Pilar1 The newly recovered UK Health Secretary has just given the Government daily update on TV, & said there will soon be an antibody test, so that those who have had the Virus & recovered can get back to normal! - And get back to work! So, I guess if we've had the virus, & got immunity, we can host?! I don't think I've had it yet, but I suppose non-immune hosts could host immune guests? 

I find this all rather uplifting & encouraging, but I know @Anonymous in Berlin finds this two-tier society rather sinister..... 

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

This isn’t realistic. I had it and I am in the States. You don’t get immune, fyi.

Also, how can airbnb check that? You will have to sterilize your house. Guests can have it from outside, too and the world is locked down.  Here will be locked till May. There are fines if you go out. Same as most Eu countries.

i am stuck in the States cause flights are canceled. Whom do you think will be traveling or even be allowed to travel like this? 

will be like this till at least July. All my conferences in August are canceled, too. I did have to cancel all my travels, too.

i have been working hard for years and feel desperate at the idea that Airbnb doesn’t not care about the fact I hadn’t had the chance to repair to a bad review (which btw was also irrelevant given the guy hasn’t stayed in my place)

@Helen350  There has been nothing said that I have read about any evidence that one has immunity from COVID or can't catch it more than once. And even if there were, that doesn't mean those people can simply get back to normal and go to work- just because someone had immunity from something in that exposure to it doesn't make them sick, doesn't mean they can't be a carrier. What if they go out and about, touch some surface that has the virus on it, then go home and touch things there, without washing their hands, and transfer the virus to someone else in their household?

Helen350
Level 10

@Sarah977  @AandM56 Our government is still talking about finger- lance blood tests, to test for antibodies, to get people back to work, & back to going about their daily activities...... Apparently, the best test so far invented has 90% accuracy, so the government is stalling, waiting for a more accurate test.

And Yes, the antibodies mean they've had it, so can't be a carrier.... If we followed your logic the whole world would be in lockdown for ever; we have to get back to normal one day, & the more people tested to show they've had it, the FEWER people left who can catch it... - HERD IMMUNITY!

One of the reasons for the early deaths was that there were not enough ventilators to go around. People were dying for lack of equipment. That is becoming less the case, as ventilators are being invented/manufactured. A brand new 4,000 bed hospital opened in London today. (Built in 2 weeks!)

The fear factor of touching surfaces is over-hyped.... Surfaces are not dangerous if you do not touch them. UK government advice is to keep washing your hands & not touch eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands. That's the way to keep virus out of the system. Our government says masks are unnecessary for those who maintain the 2 metres distant rule. Only medics/carers in close contact need masks. And NO mention of sterilising whole houses, tho wiping down taps, loo flushes & door handles seems sensible to me.

-As I write, the health minister is back on TV talking about the immunity test! - I'm sure you could google if interested in the UK government perspective, Sarah!

Oh, & I do not wish to sound cavalier, (I adhere to gov. instructions) - I'm just trying to offer a ray of hope & optimism amongst the gloom! : )

Helen350
Level 10

....... How tiresome! - I've had to edit my description of a medical procedure to read "finger-lance", not my original "finger-p***k" - cos the silly old bot thinks I've used a rude word! - And has *bleeped *it out!

Annette639
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I was given super host status twice in the last year, but now I have canceled my listings. Airbnb  acted unprofessionally towards me and I do not trust Airbnb anymore.   They screwed me over one time to many, i will be telling friends  and all  about how Airbnb is not to be trusted

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We get you're angry, @Annette639, but posting the same message on every thread you come across won't make things better. 

Sharon480
Level 5
New Jersey, United States

I agree. Especially when guests gave revenge reviews (1 star all the away across reviews when their feedback Before the damage claim had been all positive); and Airbnb does nothing to remove these revenge reviews.