Supporting your local heroes

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Supporting your local heroes

Hiya everyone,

I wanted to ask you all how you are supporting your local key workers in these difficult time? Here in the UK, we held a "Clap for our Carers" - everyone threw open their windows, and clapped and cheered to show our appreciation for our hard working medical staff. 

The biggest thing I've seen asked over our health service is to stay home which I don't think is that much of an ask! Other key workers we have include vets, supermarket workers and our emergency services. 

Other than key workers, we have volunteers that are supporting the elderly or those with health conditions by collecting shopping, walking dogs or just being a voice to talk to on the other side of the phone.

Do you have a story to share about your local hero? 

I look forward to your wonderful, uplifting stories!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

5 Replies 5
Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

The same here-every evening at 9:00 pm.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Wow @Stephanie  how wonderful! I love that, thanks for sharing. This weird and unprecedented situation is certainly bringing out the best in people. I have read so many uplifting stories, especially through the Facebook group Kiindness Pandemic. I hope we all come out of this as better human beings.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw yes, we were clapping last night at 8pm on my street. I actually found it really moving and made me smile so much to see my local community together. You could hear clapping from nearby streets as well. 

My street has been so quiet these past weeks, it was so nice to see people (admittedly still far away, as it should be at the moment). 

Stay strong everyone and keep sharing your stories, these are what keep us going. : ) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I’ve been trying to reply to some posts but keep getting an error message in a red banner, what’s going on? 

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Stephanie  I have been watching these uplifting  clips from around the world especially the ones in Italy and Spain.

Our farmers with their crops who are keeping us fed and although  I’m not a fan of them the delivery drivers bringing all the produce into small towns. 🙂 
Every single person that stays home apart from essential trips and exercise  ❤️ I salute you .