Technical Glitches and Lousy UI/UX

Ryan63
Level 9
Packwood, WA

Technical Glitches and Lousy UI/UX

Airbnb's website and app performance is dragging badly.  Pages load at tectonic speeds; the calendar crashes in Android, and the UI/UX just isn't keeping pace. 

I've been pretty dilligent at clicking the the "share feedback" buttons, but I see no marked improvement in loading times or anyting but highly incremental tweaks to the already so-so UI.  My frustration with both the website and the app is so frequent and intense that I've started shopping for independent hosting platforms.  (I have three homes that are consistently booked, so it makes sense to at least explore that option anyway--but I'm doing so with more seriousness and urgency than I would have some months ago.) 

I'm not sure what's happening on the Airbnb side, but I always thought you all were a company that hired top-tier designers and gave them executive status.  I'm not seeing that reflected here anymore.  For a host with multiple properties and 300+ bookings/year, the app and website are too slow, clunky, and poorly designed for me to keep using you all exclusively.  

Are you all even doing user testing anymore?  I can't believe you wouldn't have discovered the same glitches and frustrations I've experienced and not fixed those right away if you were.  It's no secret that you're trying to go public, and cutting service levels to show maximum profitability is the tried and true course for pre-IPOs.  That's speculation on my part, but it kinda adds up.  

Whatever the case, you're looking sloppy.  If I'm anything like other high volume hosts, you're bound to see some attrition if this keeps up.  

0 Replies 0