The feedback/ review system

Sabrina305
Level 1
Xàbia, Spain

The feedback/ review system

Hi all.

Can anyone answer a question please about feedback. I have had constantly positive feedback, but my last guest has been impossible to please and has said that he wants his money back or will leave a bad review. 

I did not give into demands so I can see that he has left a review, which I am betting is bad. If I do not write one back will his be shown on my advert or not?

Tia

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Sabrina305. It will be shown on your profile after 14 days (after the guest's checkout) anyway. So in fact you should write your review for that guest, even mentioning his threats so as to warn other hosts. Make sure you word that review neutrally so that the guest doesn't have any reasons to get it removed by Airbnb. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thank you so much for this. This was all I needed the answer to lol. I have now written a review for him and I hope that the next potential host reads the review.

Thanks again x

@Sabrina305

I would also write your review and be honest but 'polite' about your guests demands and expectations. It can often be pointed out that at times guests expectations are somewhat out of line with the nightly rate that you have charged them.Guests do look for good value for money but clearly there are times when guests can take that too far. Do however consider all the points that they may have raised, some maybe good feedback but not justify the need for a refund....(I dont know your particular guest and any of their concerns/demands.)You should also have the opportunity after their review is published to comment on the review. Most guests reviewing a property dont tend to take one review in isolation, but get an overall impression from all of the reviews collectively.

Thank you for coming back to me Mike. I really do appreciate you taking the time. I have now written a firm but fair review. Thank you again.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Sabrina305 First things first - if a guest threatens a review, and you have it recorded via Airbnb message, you can get it removed. Secondly - if the guest is so hard to please and even has the audacity to still want a full refund and yet continues to stay and while threatening a bad review mind you, you have a 'hustler' on your hands. 

Best to accept that, stop placating, talk to him and give him two options: leave (partial refund) or stay and end of whining and threats. Forget about 'I hope he doesn't get more mad', it is all a game with these types of guests.

Hi Fred. Really, thank you for taking the time to write this. I have got copies of all texts, but most are on whatsapp. But I have now written a firm but fair review for him and I hope that the next potential host will read it. Again thank you so much for yourt time.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Sabrina305

Just tell him you have no control over what he writes one way or the other, but as it’s a two-way process and you don’t like being threatened in your own home, he should a expect a similar review.

Essentially, he’s trying to extort money with menaces and you should stand up to him, I know I would.