This place is likely to be booked !!!!

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

This place is likely to be booked !!!!

I recently had a guest whom raised an issue about my AirBnB listing which suggested it was unavailable and very nearly did not proceed with the booking and advised me to take a look.
Have looked at my listing and when I input dates a message comes up as shown below

"This place is likely to be booked. Travel trends in Petersfield suggest that one of the nights in your stay could be booked soon"

This is off-putting to prospective guests whom assume that the dates they require are booked.
Is anyone else having the same problem ... or is Airbnb playing with our listings again?

5 Replies 5
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

It might confuse a non-fluent speaker, but I am pretty sure almost everyone is going to understand that it really means 'this place is likely to be booked in the future.'

I'd just ignore the complaint. It is as ridiculous as people who complain that 'buy one, get one free' is misleading because if you have to buy one, the second one is not really free.

Tonie3
Level 1
Draper, UT

I didn't know what it means and I speak English - good thing I googled it. 

Jorge892
Level 1
Miami, FL

It completely put me off. I was about to book a place, figured I was going to get myself into one of those situations where my reservation would be accepted for a partial stay and I would have to find another place for another date. Then I had this great idea to google that stupid comment. Really Really Bad choice of words

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

I don't see the problem? It just says that if you as a guest would like to book this place don't wait to long as it is likely to be booked. 

It is definitely confusing. I'm assuming someone requested to book the same unit before me and is waiting for confirmation and if I do it, I'm going to have to wait potentially 24 hrs and then get a decline. Maybe this is a insider tip from Airbnb saying- we know someone is ahead of you and your request may get declined - be warned. I don't know if its worth waiting for this.