Toilet Paper - Necessity or Luxury?

Courtney77
Level 1
Houston, TX

Toilet Paper - Necessity or Luxury?

Hi, what does everybody think?  Should toilet paper be an item supplied in all Airbnb accomodations?  The place where I am staying last night and tonight seems to disagree.

21 Replies 21
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Courtney77,

Nice to meet you 🙂 

This is a very interesting topic that you've started! I thought you might also be interested in this post that was published yesterday. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Allison116
Level 10
Walnut Creek, CA

To me it should be a necessity.  I will say I had personal experience renting a place not on airbnb a couple of years ago that I was not happy with.  I think it was from vrbo but not sure.  It was a house and we were paying $550/night so not cheap at all. But it was completely bare. No toilet paper, no napkins, no paper towels, no nothing.  So I would never do that again.  I don't want to go on vacation needing to shop at walmart on my way to my stay. 

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

I supply 3 rolls of to and expect guests to buy their own after thst. My units are private apartments and I give them enough supplies to get started. If they want endless tp they should go to a hotel. When I go on vacation to the beach they give us a bag with 1 roll of tp, roll of paper towels, a sponge and a tiny thing of dishwasher detergent. This house sleeps 8 and costs $2000 a week....

I do not supply tissues because they are bad for the septic system and pipes. 

@Regina38 Wow. One roll for $2k + 8 guests? Those people are lucky you go along with it. @Susie5 Maybe it’s a Boston/New England thing (I’m 45 min. North), but I 1000% agree with you.  No matter what I’m charging per night, I would never  even consider not leaving enough toilet paper for a guest to get through their stay . For all the people who say their guests steal the toilet paper, I would suggest leaving 1 roll + a spare...and Charge enough to make it worth your while. Nothing is as rude as leaving somebody stranded on the toilet. LOL

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Toilet Paper is one of those things that surely falls under the - 'Imagine if You Didn't Provided It' - and the guest didn't bring any (about 99.99% of the time). What a quandary, why even go there.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Courtney77

Our nightly price per person is 20-30 € and 10 rolls of tp is 3 € so they can play mummies with it if they want , we don't care 🙂

Mummies? You two have a great sense of humor.