Transfer listing from Property Manager

JJ-and-Janny0
Level 2
South San Francisco, CA

Transfer listing from Property Manager

We have gone through multiple property managers for our home. At first, our home was listed under my own personal account with our 1st prop manager but after switching to our current property manager, they took over the listing. I was wondering if there was any way I can take back the listing if I was to cancel my contract with them. Any one know if this is possible?

2 Replies 2

@JJ-and-Janny0 - I see a listing on your profile now, if this is the listing you are talking about, and you personally set up that profile and listing (your own "personal account"), the management company is using your profile to run the business.  If you fire them, they cannot take your profile and the reviews will stay with it.  If you are saying that the property management company created this listing and used your names and likeness to create it, it belongs to them - which is something your contract with them would indicate.  In that way, no, you can't take the listing or reviews.  

Sorry. I forgot to mention that the listing under my profile is not the listing in question. We have another property elsewhere that is managed by our property manager. When we first listed this property, we had AirBnb send a professional photographer to take photos of it. We edit the description and the rules and then hired our first prop. manager. They recommended to keep the listing under our name so we did but gave them access to our profile so they could manage the bookings. When things didn't work out with them, our current property manager said that they could just transfer the listing to their account. I believe they have a "Property Manager" account if that does exist (sorry for my ignorance) Now, I'm just wondering how I would get that listing back under my profile if we were to cancel their contract. 

Thanks,

JJ