Unfair/nonajdustable ratings???

Deb134
Level 2
Landrum, SC

Unfair/nonajdustable ratings???

email today asking for a selection of questions to be addressed by Brian Chesky and Greg Greeley on 6/27 but it will not post --- must be less than 300 characters;  adjusted and still won't post.  So sharing here----arrrrggghhhhh

"I had storm damage and had to cancel a reservation - and did so with the aide of your staff....and found the guest a place nearby that they loved/all worked out fine.  This is being held against me on my profile and should not be.  I have attempted to discuss this/get it fixed with your staff with no response/luck.

Guests know where my location is before they book.  The location is described as rural and the map is there for all to see/use prior to making a reservation.  Why is the location part of the review and why am I punished when they selected this site over all of the others regionally available --- knowing where it is --- and then complain later that it's 'too far away' from wherever they planned on going when traveling to this area???

Prior to renovating, my page told people that this was a rustic/farm location and the price reflected that the suite was 'better than sleeping in your truck' for regional travelers --- there were few airbnb type accommodations then.  The place was clean but the decor was worn --- AS STATED IN THE ADVERTISING --- AND THE PHOTOS ......allowing people to rate it as unclean or whatever hurt my rating....again, they are rating something that they agreed to when making the booking.  This practice is unfair and I want my rating adjusted ."

Since renovating I have had nothing but excellent reviews for everything --- but the old reviews are making my rating 4.7 stars so screwing up stuff. 

1 Reply 1
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

My sympathies.

I am gathering information on hosts and guests dealing with AirBnB Customer Service so all can benifit from others experience on a CC forum post,

Here's the link:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-Do-You-Rate-AirBnB-for-Customer-Service/m-p/712486#M...

It can be helpful as a clearing house if we keep the thread going so readers can discern where AirBnB shines and where there is room for improvement.