Verifying ID

Linda254
Level 3
California, United States

Verifying ID

Can I specify WHAT info I want verified by airbnb of a potential guests?
Guest only shows verified email and phone number and her photo.
I want to have Drivers License Govt picture ID .  

I don't want to sign up  for instant book, but I want that same protection.

Thanks!
Linda

6 Replies 6
Cecilia-And-Adam0
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

You can't select which Verification requirements guests can provide because verifying is an Airbnb process (they will never send you a copy of the guest's ID or so on). You can still require that only guests with verified ID book with you if you don't want to us Instant Book. Go to "Your Listings"> "Reservation Requirements"

https://airbnb.com/hosting/requirements

Hope this helps

Thank you.

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you don't have Instant Book... @Linda254, you can always just ask!! I also want to see a verified offline ID on the profile, if a potential guest doesn't have it I just ask them and explain it makes me more comfortable to invite them into our home. Never ever has a guest refuse, but I would decline if they did!

Linda254
Level 3
California, United States

@Babs0  Thanks!! That is what I will do 🙂

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Linda254

Turn on Verified ID as booking requirement. It's not a guarantee it'll weed out bad guests, but they will have to jump through a couple of hoops to prove they're serious. Also mention in your house rules that there will be ID check upon arrival and only registered guests allowed on property. Most cities require ID for private registered rentals the same as they do for hotels. I always write down their ID #.

By doing this it seems to keep out (fingers crossed!) bad guests because they know they're on record. Not a guarantee, but still a good preventive measure.

Thank you. What made me wonder why was the fact that some guests place a funny picture or an allien face, or a mask. So I requested for a pic id and got the answer immediately. Thanks.