What experiences have you shared with your guest?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What experiences have you shared with your guest?

experiences.jpg

Hello everyone!

For many of you, spending time with your guests is part of your daily routine. Check-in, check-out, giving a hand here and friendly advice there, but I am curious: have you also shared quality time with them?

Maybe you all went for a meal at that lovely pizzeria on the corner, or the guests decided to cook a delicious exotic meal for you? Tell us what you have done together to mark the start of a good friendship!

I look forward to hearing your stories.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

41 Replies 41
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh wow, this looks amazing @Lana15

Your guests definitely seem to be enjoying the ride! If I visit South Africa, I'll know where I need to be for a great adventure :-). 

-----

Lana15
Level 4
Cannon Rocks, South Africa

Quincy...you will be so welcome!
Lynnie1
Level 5
Foulkesmill, Ireland

Lana is in a special place because they don't have the "Big 5" but the "Big 7"!

Daniela-and-Mark0
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

I was going to a MINI Cooper rally in Prince Edward County and we were hosting a couple who arrived in their MINI. I invited them to join in and we grabbed a beer to chat about all the spectacular MINIs that were showcased. We both agreed that we need more mods/tuning for the next rally. Its awesome when your guests share similar passions.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy my first Airbnb (2yrs. ago)experience was in Germany when I needed to be near my friend in the hospital. It was after that I knew I could change my life by venturing into Airbnb hosting. Now over 1 1/2 yrs later and 70 totally awesome guests experiences. It is like a full circle and my first guests from that same town in Germany were these precious folks this last weekend.  Superstar guests and I took them to the best place for selfies in Pensacola...we will stay in contact and meet again in Germany or Pensacola. I'm pretty certain of this! guests from the same town where I had my first Airbnb experience!guests from the same town where I had my first Airbnb experience!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Clara116, what a lovely photo! 

I'm glad to hear that you'll be staying in touch with them :-). 

-----

Liz-And-Steve0
Level 3
Napier, New Zealand

We are pretty good at gauging our guests as to how much input they would like from us and give privacy where its wanted.  We have met nearly everyone who has stayed with us however - maybe two or three guests that have arrived late and left early  and we were unable to do so.   We regualrly share wine and nibbles to hear about their day.   We regularly give recommendations and restaurants and wineries to visit in our area and have even taken some out to a winery.  I will do a bus pick up if required.   We have invited guests to share our bbqs / dinners.    We had a great pair of friends visiting from San Francisco and when  we were there this year we caught up with them, they gave up a whole day to show us around stuff that most visitors wouldn't do.  They also caught up again on our last day for a cocktail!  We have a fourth time return guest who is now a friend and we will visit their hometown in the near future.  We have shared dinner out with a canadian couple at the best voted resaurant in NZ in our home town and stay in touch via email.  We tried to catch up the previous year in Niagara but we couldn't work the dates. We always provide local NZ chocolate for our guests which is always appreciated.   Alot of our guests however are only one nighters and they generally are out checking out our town so less chance to interact here.   Loving airbnb hosting still!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi @Quincy , As the same as other hosts around the world. I usually have lunch or dinner with guests as it was many local restaurants nearby and I didn't cook. I also take them a quick tour of my neighborhood. The really good thing is a thing I did for my home's guest before now turn to be an Airbnb Experiences. Now I also host experience guests and if was fun too.   

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Nutth0,

Long time no see :-). 

Wow, sounds good! Have you been hosting experiences for a while now? 

-----

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Quincy  My hometown just starts got it 4 months ago. I join them from the beginning. So much fun, I have to say. Love it!

The number one tip I have to offer is treat each guest with the golden rule. I like to be treated well, so they do too. 

We offer a small breakfast with coffee in the morning. And at end of each stay we try to give a small gift of a local plant or a bag of pecans as  of late. Guests respond very positively to a small something to remember their stay with you. 

I need to have stickers made up just for that purpose. One other idea for those with business cards, attach a magnetic backing to your card and it becomes a keeper. Refrigerator or tool box, some one will refer to it and you. 

Just my thoughts 

Brian1613
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

We operate a more experiential Airbnb. On the weekends, pre-COVID, we used to offer Saturday or Sunday brunch to the guests.  It is a nice way to get to know people. If they elected to do breakfast in their suites, so be it.  We’ve done cheese tastings, on the verandah, and even helped with a family cookout, or two. The guests dictate how much interaction they want. If they like to talk, and socialize, we try to give them a bit more of that. If they like their privacy, we respect, and honor it too. All is context sensitive.

Brian Ross