What happened to the "Pets Allowed" and "Family/Kid Friendly" options when editing your listing?

What happened to the "Pets Allowed" and "Family/Kid Friendly" options when editing your listing?

These show up as available "amenities" in my listing, but when I go to edit my listing, they are not available to check or uncheck.

They are the only two amenities I no longer seem to be able to control, which leads me to think this has something to do with the whole contentious "free kids" and pets thing we keep hearing about.

I don't want my place listed as kid friendly any more.  I need to change this setting.

Airbnb, please help.

Anyone else having the same issue?

8 Replies 8
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Just in the last few days, AirBnB's website relocated some of the basic questions to the Booking/House Rules section of your listing's settings. Look there instead of under Amenities. You'll see toggles for the kid settings, pet option, smoking, and events/parties.

Oddly, on the listing itself (as seen by potential guests), the results of those settings still show up in the Amenities list and not under House Rules. I suspect that they'll eventually be moved.

If you found this helpful, consider clicking the Thums-Up button neat the lower right. Thanks!

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Note that the change I mentioned might not have been rolled out to all listings yet. Some other recent changes show up for some hosts bit not for others.

And a further follow-up: Your chosen settings for those items (if AirBnB has migrated your listing to the new interface) now show up for guests in an entirely different place than under Amenities. Which is good. They're now presented as part of the House Rules, along with whatever add'l rules you included in the text field for House Rules. Guests are presented with all this *directly* in their face before they book or accept a pre-approval offer. This is a Good Thing, because a lot of guests never bother to review a listing's House Rules. Now they are sort of forced to look at them.

Once again, I have to point out that these changes might not appear for you yet. AirBnB seeme to be testing this and rolling the changes out slowly.

My House Rules are set to No Pets, but under amenities, it says that Pets are allowed.  I can't get that option to change.  Any thoughts? 

I'm having exact same issue!

I'm having the same issue as well! So frustrating! 

Me Too! Can anybody help?

There is a stupid bug in the system after migrating it. You need to switch everything first off and then back on, or the other way around, to make them visible and work again.