What is this hosting "Opportunities" nonsense? :(

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

What is this hosting "Opportunities" nonsense? :(

Hi, I'm a superhost with 35 5-star reviews on 2 properties but I'm now being told:

Basic requirements needs your attention
Your performance has fallen below the average for hosts, and it's important to focus on improving it.

Clicking on the link takes me to the new Opportunities tab under Progress, where I learn I need to work on not having enough bookings. For the current review period ending 30 Sept, I only have 8 trips hosted instead of 10. By "hosted" it must mean finished as I've got another 2 booked for this month alone, another 3 next month, and so one, which will take me well over 10 by the end of September. So what's the sense in this?

Also one of my listings requires work: I have zero accepted reservations! This simply isn't right. I have accepted the one request I got but they didn't book. It's a mystery to me why this place isn't selling on Airbnb when last year I got 3 one-week bookings and fortunately I use an agency to fill it. So the simple solution is to unlist this property, which surely can't be Airbnb's intention!!!

Lizzie, could you kindly pass on this feedback and get the thing dropped? It's wholly unnecessary and conscientious hosts have a far better idea of what needs doing than some IT bloke who's been on a course and written an algorithm. Thank you, Bob
2 Replies 2

@Bob40

The algorithm  is what needs attention....I would just ignore it. 

Do not give it the satisfaction of thinking that it is in some way  "in charge" or "in power" 

Just continue to use the feedback that you get to improve and amend your offer where you can 

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Hi @Mike340, thanks for your answer but my concern is that the proverbial algorithm penalises my listings. I've searched for my supposedly problematic listing as a guest and can't find it!