When hosting, is there a way to offer a general discount BEFORE anyone sends an inquiry?

Robert973
Level 10
Elgin, IL

When hosting, is there a way to offer a general discount BEFORE anyone sends an inquiry?

When hosting, is there a way to offer a general discount BEFORE anyone sends an inquiry? It seems that I must wait for an inquiry and only offer to that one person. I would like to "advertise" a discount in advance, if possible.

5 Replies 5
Steve573
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Good question! I have been wanting to do the same thing. I have seen where airbnb will send me a suggestion to lower my price and they will send it to a "select group" looking to book. However, that was a one time thing for me and I did not have much control over it. I think this is a good question for the CEO on the Q and A on June 24(?). I would like to see a feature like this or maybe even a bidding option. You can, at least, manually select days and alter the price for certain days.

Kimberly218
Level 2
Canton, MI

Id love to know the answer to this as well. 

Joy-And-Alan0
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

I tried to do this for a period that was not booked and was told that Airbnb  could not create customized banners. I tried the suggestion of adding (for example) 20% discount 7/1-7/3 in the title of the site and then lowering the price on the listing for that period of time. I did try that and it attracted one guest. I wanted to have an offer that required staying for Friday through Monday or Tuesday of Memorial Day weekend and was told there was no way Airbnb could indicate that there would only be a discount for the whole stay.

It is important that hosts have more flexibility in making offers that work for them, resulting in more bookings for the hosts and savings for guests- as well as fees for Airbnb.

Karen1114
Level 2
Portrush, United Kingdom

Has anyone suggested this during the Q&A meeting? Is there any feedback/follow up? I'd love to be able to do this through the low season and in case of cancellations. 

Robert973
Level 10
Elgin, IL

Occasionally, I get a notice on my calendar from AIRBNB to offer an 8-9% discount for a couple selected dates. It just comes indiscriminantly and seems to have no rhyme or reason. And it can't be applied to any other dates -- only the selected dates. Very strange!