Who would like to have the feature to filter out local guests?

Nai1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Who would like to have the feature to filter out local guests?

This might sound to offend Airbnb non-discrimination policy, but I'm curious who would really like to have the option to reject local guests from booking?

Based on our experience local guests caused most of the wear and tear to our properties.

"Sneak-in" parties are also hard to detect and unavoidable...

16 Replies 16

I’d love to filter out Russians from my properties, I’m sorry but this is a fact: 90% of the time they have awful communication skills and leave the place in a disgusting state.

Catherine-and-Bob0
Level 3
Bridgewater, Australia

Same here - I scrutinise profiles very carefully and those that are local or contain very little information I go back and ask a LOT of questions - and I mean a lot.  I've circumvented a lot of problems by doing this.  For example, yesterday I had an enquiry if someone could use the fireplace in a seaside property in very early Autumn/Fall when the listing clearly states the fireplace is not available at this time of year (which is often really hot here).  Profile had an email address only. No response.  I followed up again and still no response. While it might have been innocent I suspect not.  Another guest  was a local and said she wanted to have a few friends to the property for her birthday.   I asked 'exactly how many friends are we talking about please? And how are you going to manage the extra cleaning, security and rubbish removal?  'Oh about 30" came back the response.  Decline.  Another local asked if we were 'onsite hosts'.  I said no but that we keep a close eye on the property as it says in the listing and house rules,  it's a no parties, functions events property" - never heard back from him.  Then  despite the no parties rule, had a request for a wedding reception 'in your massive back yard'.  What about 'no parties, events or functions' do people not understand?