Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Why I did not receive the superhost status???

Souad1
Level 2
Fes, Morocco

Why I did not receive the superhost status???

hey,

During the start of this assessment I had 79% 5 star reviews and all the other attributes were well fullfilled throughout.

I did manage to get 81% of 5 star reviews by the 10th of October and was so much looking forward till the assessment finishes to be a superhost.

I opened up airbnb just 8 months before and already done over 150 trips and has a review count over 100.I would have had over 80% 5 star reviews way earlier but due to our budget comfort room introduced it used to get 4 star reviews here and there where it dropped down.

But now my question is why I am not a superhost after achieving all the aspects accordingly before the assessment finishes and in the stats section it shows you are almost a superhost if you maintain these till the next assessment in January.

This is frustrating as we never knew that you need to achieve it and maintain for another few months then you will become??

After a lot of hard work from ourside to be one of the greats of hosting this is an utter dissapointment and pull down as we were striving for it so hard .

Any idea why this has happened and where does airbnb says we must maintain over 80% 5 star reviews for a longer period or any other hidden information which we do not know?

Regards

Souad

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Their 'evaluation' ends on October 1st, their announcement happens in the middle of October, so anything after October 1st, has no bearing toward the past. Honestly, not quite sure how in heaven's name they figure all this out, but my 'impression' is that one must ~maintain~ at least a 80% rating throughout the entire period. I think.

By the sound of it, you are doing a smashing job, which is the most important thing.

Lorie7
Level 4
Lawrence, KS

I too, had this problem.  I have had a 100% rating and exceeded all the other requirements since I started in August.  I was expecting to get the Superhost status now, but am now being told I have to wait another quarter. Why?  It states you have to achieve them within the quarter, which I did.  Now why do I have to wait another 3 months to wait to see whether or not they will decide to bestow this upon me, even though I have completed the requirements for the assessment period?

Very disappointed new host...

I had the exact same message.  I called customer service and they reviewed everything and said I would indeed get superhost status but it would take the system 10 days to update.  I'm hoping that is true!

I got the same problem. I just wrote to them

A problem for me too - all requirements filled on 1st October and no superhost. It seems I am not the only one, so will write to them too! Thanks for also raising this.

My status was resolved quickly...I recommend sending them an email or calling.  A community leader emailed me immediately and the problem was solved within an hour.  Good luck!

Gil42
Level 2
Costa Rica

Just read the requirements carefully and understand them. Most of you don't get it.

1) You need to fulfill all requirements to get the staus.

2) you need to maintain the status for every assesment that is done 4 times a year.

3) fulfilling the requirements in between the assesment times will not give you the status. the "coronation" is done 4 times a year.

4) They only look at the past 365 days. not your entire past. read carefully.

5) Its a nice titel, its a tap on the back that you are doing a good job, but by itself its nothing.  success is determined by the customes, not the title.

6) To do well, first, You must have good value, that is you need to have a good location, be modern, clean, have new and nice amenities, good view, The customers need to feel good. wouldnt you want to? an ugly property will never give you 5 stars nomatter how good you are as a host. A really nice property speaks for itself. Show what you have by pictures, attending the customer means spending money on good bigTVs in every room, have a good expensive materass , have quality new appliances, good cable content/streaming, good sofas that are comfortable, put a washer a dryer, dish washer, a good modern kitchen, a Jacuzzi is a great attraction, have air conditioning in warm areas, have good solid WiFi etc etc.

Some, actually many hosts are cheap and think that by being nice and offering a medium quality product that business will boom.  then comes Pricing. be smart, be competitive, see what your neighbours are doing. being too cheap attracts cheap customers, being classy attracts classy people. price needs to be correct for successs. if you have a super place, and overprice it, you will be empty, you will get 5 stars, but be empty. A super host is also a smart host, You should not have an occupancy of less than 80%, once you have mastered the business, you can reach 85-90% occupancy.