airbnb commission

Anne126
Level 2
Mauritius

airbnb commission

Good morning from Mauritius! Can you please confirm the commission that airbnb takes from us, the hosts? And finally, the price that I need to mention on my listing, is it the public rate? meaning the rate including airbnb commission? Thank you!

9 Replies 9
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Anne - you just put in the rate that you want to charge for the room (plus extra guests, plus cleaning) and AirBnB then do the math and add their fee.

You can see wha it looks like if you look at someone else's property (without Instant Booking!!!) and it will show you the breadown a potential guest will see.

Vincent40
Level 1
Megève, France

hello Anne,

I would like to know exactly the same.I have been searching and searching the site and cannot find ANYTHING

relating to commission.

Come on Air BnB,you created something pretty cool,dont be embarrassed about what you are making.

God,surely there is some text concerning this point,that EVERY hoste needs to know..

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anne126 and @Vincent40,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is lovely to meet you both.

Just to add to @Gerry-And-Rashid0's useful advise, you might find this article in the Airbnb Help Center useful on service fees and also here in the Community Center there is a set of Community Guides (created by hosts here in the CC) - one of these includes a guide on the guest fees.

I hope this helps and provides you with a better idea of how Airbnb works.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Carine17
Level 2
Pierrefeu-du-Var, France

Bonjour,

Mon 2éme hôte, me demande pourquoi le prix  a augmenté de 7 €  !

Je n'ai pas  augmenté le prix, il s'agit donc de la commission

C'est abusif, je demande que cette  commission  soit annulée  ou revue !!

Que  faire pour la prise en  compte de ma demande par BnB 

Merci

Bien cdt,

Carine

Carine17
Level 2
Pierrefeu-du-Var, France

Hello Anne,

My rate  is 42 € and BnB adds to his commision  XX € ? (% ?) + 7 €  (% ?). 

It's "opaque".  No way to know how much to take (from 6 to 12% !)

How can I ask them to lower their commissin or to regulate it ?

It's my second reservation and it's not easy. My room is not attractive (small village, not next  to busines)

Thanks  for your answer

Have a nice day

Carine

Willie5
Level 2
Groot Brakrivier, South Africa

I am a new host, but cant find anywhere what commission AIRBNB take in percentage?  Are these people shy in admitting the percentage or am I BLOND!!!!!

Hi

I also cannot find it, a fixed rate will be so much easier to manage. Also - I do not know if the prices I set will be the highest rate or will they subtract it from my rate?

I mean...commission

@Surine0

Airbnb charge you 3%, which is taken from your earnings. AirBnB 'add' a booking fee to your rate when a guest books - depending on the length of stay and whether or not they need to include VAT the rate charged to guests on top of your price is somewhere between 10-13%