can i add my own Cancellation policy on a lease that would need to sign and return for my property?

Rosana32
Level 1
Berlin, MD

can i add my own Cancellation policy on a lease that would need to sign and return for my property?

Can I add in addition to Airbnb policies for cancellations, my own 45 day no refund policy?maybe sent or put as an attachment through my own lease with guests?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rosana32   If you are referring to long term (over 29 days) booking, the cancellation policy is different than short term.  Look on the Help Center for several articles about how Air BNB deals with long term rentals.  As to having different cancellation policies than Air BNB, how would you enforce that through Air BNB?  I think many hosts use multiple booking sites for different types of hosting requirements.  Have you considered that?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rosana32,

If you receive payments within the Airbnb system you can't set a cancellation policy other than one of the Airbnb official ones.

The guest pays Airbnb when they book and Airbnb holds that money until they pay you a day or so after the guest checks in.

Airbnb holds the money and so is in control of cancellation refunds. They support only whichever of their pre-defined policies you have selected. That is, flexible, moderate, or strict. Or, automatically, long term if the reservation is for 28 days or more. They will process refunds based on the provisions of whichever of the above policies applies.

Steve.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Also bear in mind that Extenuating Circumstances may apply.

David