cancelations

Ang4
Level 2
Warburton, Australia

cancelations

Hi everyone

Just wanted to know what to do when a guest makes an instant booking and then a couple of weeks later cancels it in time to get a full refund from their host, but then wants to book the space privately trough the host? Is there a rule against this on Airbnb? And they also expect their Airbnb fees returned from the host if they book privately with you? Confused.... 

3 Replies 3
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Ang4 I personally would not be interested in dealing nor hosting a person like that. It seems sketchy, or this person is just someone who wants to see what they can get away with. Once you do the reservation outside of airbnb, then pretty much on your own. Which means that if there is any issue later on, you will need to handle it yourself/contact the authority, etc, and cannot ask for help from airbnb. If guests make the cancellation request during the 100% refund period, per new cancellation policy from airbnb, they can get a full refund including service fee for max. of 3 times/year. If I were you, I would direct them to airbnb and they can take care of the cancellation themselves, once it is canceled, I won't be interested in hosting them outside of the system.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Flag their profile with ABB and move on.

David
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Don't do it.  They are scammers and you dont need the headache.  If Abnb discovers the rental, you will be dropped.

as contrary as Abnb can be, they do offer us a lot of service and protection.