edinburgh

Janet198
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

edinburgh

hi  hope you can help

i have had an enqiruy about my listing and want to send special offer. is the price i quote what i receive or do airbnb take their commission from it

many thanks

3 Replies 3
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Janet198

Commission will be taken. Mya dvice would be, be careful about making offers. When you first start hosting, it's easy to think nobody will come and that you need to give discounts to everybody. If your place is nice and correctly priced, though, you'll get guests without losing money!

Graeme14
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Hi Janet,

I'm pretty new as a host, however my advice based on experience to date would be to ask questions about budget of the potential guest before engaging in special pricing - I offered a special almost as an automatic response to a request - I quickly regretted my decsion - I read widely and listened to experience hosts - in future off season I'd consider it only after figuring out all on costs.

I've tested smart pricng and beyond pricing - but think I'm at a place where I'll manage pricing myself and not stress too much if I've a free weekend in November!

I hope your listing goes really well!

Best, Graeme

Ailsa13
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi there!

I am looking for some help. I am a masters student in the School of Earth and Environment Department at Leeds University and I’m currently carrying out some research as part of my dissertation.

My dissertation aims to investigate the effects of short-term rental platforms like Airbnb’s on the communities in Edinburgh.

I was wondering if you’d be willing to complete a questionnaire and share your experiences as a host .

Please note that the survey is an anonymous and independent study for which I have not and I will not receive money. The data collected will only be used for academic purposes related to the dissertation and will take approximately 10 minutes to complete

*must be hosts in Edinburgh to complete

copy and paste this link into *sensitive information removed*

Thank you very much for completing this questionnaire. Your participation is extremely valuable