ghosting guests and other rants

ghosting guests and other rants

is there anything more annoying than a potential guest who asks you all sorts of questions on an inquiry and than "ghosts" you?  I always respond immediately to all their questions and than i hear nothing. I understand you are looking around but please be polite and either tell me you found someone else or you will get back to me. Dont leave me "waiting by the phone". You know how they say that a crime scene goes cold after 48 hours, well if you dont hear back after 48 minutes you are not going to get booked

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Just how it is, if it is for that day and I pre approve them I will let it stand until I need to do something else and then remove it, do not want someone accepting and turning up 5 minutes later when I may have gone out.

David
Craig224
Level 2
Mountain View, CA

So much this. Our place is near Yosemite. We frequently get inquiries that amount to requests for park status, weather reports and road conditions. I'm slowly learning to see the red flags. Rather than spend time giving detailed responses to inquiries that aren't specific to my property, I am going to start referring people to the National Park Service and Caltrans. If they've got Airbnb, they've got Google. I think Airbnb should find a way to discourage this sort of guest behavior.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Roy-And-Patti0

I agree in principle with what you say - and lots of questions is often a red flag. Not sure how to avoid this - you answer the first couple, which is fine, after that I ignore and will decline any booking request or say it's reply to their 3rd set of questions with a 'not sure that our accommodation is suitable for your needs'. It they are hard work beforehand they will be hard work if they book

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

I answer the first 2 emails and then tell them we can go over other issues when they arrive.  So far, they book and have been no special trouble. Nervous tourists.