guest looking for partial refund

Zach113
Level 2
Athens, NY

guest looking for partial refund

i have a guest who is checking out at noon today instead of 6am tomorrow. she is looking for a 70% refund. how would you handle this request?

5 Replies 5
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

If it was a 2 night booking I'd give her whatever the last night cost is. So 50%, if it was 3 or more nights and she's asking for the 70% I wouldn't offer anything as that's nuts. 

Kimberly419
Level 4
Ontario, Canada

I wouldn't give any refund because it's already too late for you to clean your place and acquire another guest for tonight. If you felt like being more charitable, you could offer a partial refund for the one night. But definitely not the whole thing. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Zach113  refer your guest to your cancellation policy. Even though it is set to flexible, I don't believe she would get any kind of refund. I wonder how on earth she came up with a figure of 70%. Was this a 2 night booking? If so, the very most she should be asking for anyway is 50%, especially given that she is checking out late. Also, what is her reason for leaving early? I would only consider a refund if it's because something was wrong with the accommodation.  If she just changed her plans, then no refund. Just no. 

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Zach113 Oh! H-E -double hockey sticks, NO. 

Don't do it. A partial refund is a slippery slope to a full refund because she will suddenly remember that she saw a spider upon check in. Refer her to your cancellation policy and leave it at that. Don't cave, even when CS asks you to "be a nice guy". 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Tell her to go through Airbnb also NO REFUNDS your calendar has been blocked and the chances of you getting another booking in my experience you will never get