had an inquiry asking to pay for 2 at night but have 16plus come during the day - how do you handle?

Lisa868
Level 2
Belleview, FL

had an inquiry asking to pay for 2 at night but have 16plus come during the day - how do you handle?

I am new to hosting and my first reviews wont happen till I open next week -This inquiry stated I needed a review to keep my site up

The same person wanted to "stay for free and she would give me a good review", of course I wont do it but how do  I Decline with out having it work against me? She has no reviews but been a member for 2 years so I think it may be some kind of scam...

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lisa868

Just decline and please report the profile to AirBnB - and yes it's a scam or a trashing of your house. .You are being picked on because you are new...

@Lisa0 You can additionally use the Report function in the message corner or beside the profile pic to report them for extortion as it is clearly against Airbnb policy.
Joel167
Level 2
Rogers City, MI

Sorry to hear that would be frustrating.  After all said and done, prevent further incidences by changing your occupancy limits and add more $ for additional guests (sky is the limit).   Add a disclaimer about day visitors perhaps (something I shall consider now) I'm still adjusting my listing every week, but every detail, house rule, disclamer helps.  I would also change the verificaiton required to stay at your listing. Thanks for sharing and good luck. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Lisa868

AirBnB do not allow a free booking anyway, minimum ia $10, if you want to do that get a friend to book and post a review.

David
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lisa868 You don’t HAVE to accept or decline. Just send her back a quick response of “No Thanks”. 

It does NOT count against you to do nothing. You DO HAVE to send a response but that’s it. 

I had a request a couple of weeks ago asking me for a discount and a one night stay, no to both. 

Good Luck!

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’